KOI?

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by preshrd3cpy, Jul 31, 2009.

1. preshrd3cpy

preshrd3cpy New Member

State:
    Calhoun,Tennessee
    A buddy of mine raises KOI and said damn good for cats dont know.. I am heading to the lake tomorrow and hoping to do some good. We are taking several baits with us.. Chicken liver,,nightcrawler,,KOI,,blue gill and using the cast net for the shad.

2. LMHart

LMHart New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    They should be good. They are just really big goldfish or small carp. Maybe you will be lucky and they will act like a bullhead and swim into the mouth of a flat for you.

3. grouse & britt

grouse & britt New Member

State:
    Pa.
    just some food for thought regardless weather thay work for bait or not
    do Ya really want to add them to the fisheryas an invasive species
    adult koi could add alot of pressure to nesting fish & greatly reduce repro rates of desired species check your local regs to see if it is even legal

4. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I've used koi very rarely, but they are basically a bigger goldfish. They're really pricey, most people use them for their ponds. I'm sure their pretty colors and fancy tails will make an attractive meal for a flat though :big_smile:.

5. MOCatdaddy

MOCatdaddy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I use to when i was in my teens catch good size eels on liver below the dam by the lock.:tounge_out:

6. Skunk_Ape

Skunk_Ape New Member

State:
    tenn.
    I started to buy some of those feeder goldfish at Petsmart the other day, but I didn't have a bait bucket. They are just a fancy Baltimore minnow. Seems like they were about 15 cents apiece, and about 3" long. I used to catch a wide variety of species on Baltimores years ago when tuffies weren't so common.