Kobe Bryan scores 81!!

Discussion in 'LilRyjoe's NBA Talk' started by LilRyjoe04, Jan 24, 2006.

1. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Kobe Bryant lit up the scoreboard against the Toronto Raptors the other night! He torched the Raptors for 81 points, the second highest point total in NBA History! The only player to score more points in a game was Wilt Chamberland with 100 points. It's hard to imagine how a player can do that in a game now a days! You would think the defense for the Raptors would have adjusted, with a double or even a triple team. Eighty one points!!

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    He really has to score alot with the team he has around him.The lakers were down by I think 16 points when Kobe took over the game....I would still prefer to have shaq back along with Kobe.;)

3. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    81 points good grief was his team mates on the bench?

4. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Kobe is an amazing player! He leads the NBA in points per game averaging 35.9/a game! He leads the league in field goal attempts per game too. Against Toronto Kobe scored 81 of the Lakers 122 points! That's 66% of the Lakers points! He has lead his team in scoring 35 games already this season.

5. Leakyboat

Leakyboat New Member

Jim,you got that right!I don't think he wants any either.
    Ernie

6. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    Kobe is an amazing player, but come on now, where is the rest of the team??? He can be as good as he wants, but with no team, one man cannot win the NBA championship.

7. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    You're right there Brian! Lamar Odom is trying to help Kobe, but he needs some better teammates if the the Lakers want a shot at the Title this year. Maybe him and Shaq could get back together on the same team.:rolleyes: I tell you what, the Spurs are looking good again this year, and the Detroit Pistons have a hammer lock on the Eastern Conference so far! Their record is 33-5!?! To win an NBA Title, you have to have eight or nine guys that can play!

8. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    That was a great performance, but it shows just how lame the rest of the squad is. They werer just feeding him the ball and standing around. This is what they have been doing the whole season pretty much. Lamar Odom, Kwame, and Mihms need to get off the butts and play ball. Kobe can have many more nights like that, but anytime one person has to do most of the scoring IE Kobe and Allen Iverson, it shows that they have no supporting cast. When Wilt scored his 100 back in the 60's with the Philadelphia Warriors, they just kept feeding him the ball. Even towards the end of the game the fouled just to make sure there was time enough for him to get the 100. Anyways I give him props for literally betting a 5 team squad all by himself. But I am sure he does not want to have to do that night in and out. He will really burn out fast.

9. the_nis

the_nis Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    I'm not a huge basketball fan but Kobe is truely a great player. 81 points in one game is ridiculous! Future hall of famer no doubt!

10. Mr. Catfish

Mr. Catfish Member

State:
    Indianapolis, I
    the lakers might as well just bench everyone else... kobe vs.

11. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX

That is basiccly how it is now, the other guys are just there for looks

12. nuthinlikeacat

nuthinlikeacat New Member

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    Although I hate Kobe, his performance that night was very impressive. I do however, believe that some sportswriters saying that his performance was better than Chamberlains 100 pt performance need to get their heads checked!!

Although that game (Chamberlain) was before my time, I have watched that game,and to see him dominate that game was something that will not ever be duplicated again. HE did that vs double and triple teams, where as the Kobe game seemed more like people just sat and watched in awe. Nothing against Kobes performance because it was impressive, but it was far from the greatest.

13. Buknasty

Buknasty New Member

State:
    Illinois
    81 is ridiculous!
    Some people even say that it could possibly be the record because there is no evidence (only audio) from the 100 point game (Chamberlain's)

14. flathead_ky

flathead_ky New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Kobe is a good player, but I never was a fan of his. I bet Lamar Odom wasn't too happy. I dont even think he hit double figures that night. Imagine how the raptors was after the game?