knox lake spillway 9/22

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by smokey869, Sep 23, 2008.

1. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    i was out catching shad at the spillway here at knox lake last weekend and happened to see what appeared to be a large flat surface and inhale several bluegills that were near the surface, well i had a free eve and went down to fish tonight about 7:30, caught a 6 lb channel on a 5 inch live gill and a 10 lb flat on a small live sucker chub, 1st flat i have ever caught out of there after a lot of fishing, it seemed i just caught the tail end of the bite, 2 fish in about 30 minutes and none in another hour and a half of fishing, i think ill head down a lil earlier tomorrow see if i can do any better and ill bring the camera tomorrow, sorry no pics tonight :embarassed:

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for the report, sounds like some real good fishing, congrats and good luck in the future

3. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Me and my girlfriend was out there sunday during the day i caught 1 little dink channel. But i did see a large channel surface there in the shallows. There prob. is some hogs in there as many gills and shad are in there and there stuck! Congrats on the great fishing!

4. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sounds like a good time to me. Congrats.

5. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Good fishing Dave.

Missed you at the Classic.

6. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    So how did your fishing go last night ive been eager to hear all day!

7. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    i ended up working late last night and didnt get out hope to tonight though:wink:

8. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Good deal on that flat out of the hole. Never caught one out of there before.

9. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    went out again tonight for about 3 hrs, a few short runs and bait droppers was all we had :confused2: oh well was better than sitting in the house all night :wink:

10. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    You ever catch any flats on the main lake dave? If so you have any ideas of good spots. I dont want to drive to peidmont this weekend and ive never really fished anywhere but the spillway and over by the bait shop.