Know Anybody Famous?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Wabash River Bear, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I was readin a post by Lawnman61 about how he takes care of a country music singers yard for him and got to wonderin how many people actually know or have known somebody famous. Here's the one I know.
    Many of you more experienced country music fans remember Bobby Helms (My Special Angel, Ol Fraughline, Jingle Bell Rock). My wife and I grew up with Bobby's kids, Robby and Angel. We both have spent many hours at the Helms' house in our hometown, Martinsville Indiana, listening to his band practice in the basement. Bobby had two shots at the bigtime, back in the 50's and again trying to make a comeback in the late 70's. The bottle got the best of Bobby, and he passed on, but he is still remembered. In the end, he got to go back to Nashville. My wife went with the Angel when Bobby was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame. It was a moving experience for Angel, Robby and my wife. We still remember Bobby in those white western cut suits, white cowboy hat, and that black eyepatch.
    Who's your claim to fame?

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    well, when i was a kid, i went to Michael Jordan's basketball camp one summer! Meet him and got a sig. with some cool pics. But, I would have to say, that there is a guy, that helped me learn and understand about cattin at a young age, that made the In-fisherman Mag. that I look highly upon. :wink: i don't think he is a member here, but if he ever joins up, thanks:wink::wink: rollo

3. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    use to ride bikes with ron tamn the leed guitar player for connie francis.

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I got to meet famed wrastler 'Haystack Calhoon' back when he was a gospel minister after he retired.Also Have been very fortunate to meet and visit with many [at the time unknown ] country stars,Reba, Mel mcDaniels,Sawyer brown . at the famed XIT rodeo& renunion dances held at Dalhart TX .

5. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I met Eric Simcox LOL :big_smile::smile2::ah::0a28::baffle::oops:

6. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
  7. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    axl rose's grand parents camped at the same place mine did in the early 70s. would see him a few times a season. he was just another kid then. lol

8. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    When I was in the marines I got to meet and work with the Everly Brothers. They were in the reserves. Worked at base theater showing movies. Helped them set up for a show one weekend and became friends with them. Even got to do some partying with them. They knew how to do it right!!

9. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    Heres a lsit of people I talk with often <all pro wrestlers>

Jimmy "Boogie Woogie Man" Valiant (retired)
    Nick Bockwinkel (retired AWA Champ)
    Harley Race (retired NWA Champ)
    Sir Oliver Humperdink (Manager)
    Charlie Smith (NWA Referee)
    Ox Baker
    Steve "Dr Death" Williams
    Penny Banner
    Red Bastien
    Chavo Guerrero Sr.
    Jack Brisco

Every once in awhile I talk with
    Buddy Landel
    Shane Helms
    Shannon Moore
    Matt & Jeff Hardy
    Paul Jones
    Bret & Ross Hart

Can you guess what I did before I became a taxidermist?
    I'll be belly up to the bar with a bunch of these cats in Las Vegas in June!

And forever and always deal with Referee Morgan Dollar (Google Referee Morgan Dollar - Thats me)
    :wink:

10. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    My work has allowed me to meet a lot of celebrities. Actors and musicians were all over the place as well as the occasional prince of this or princess of that.
    Billy Gibbons would hang out with us at the track from time to time as would Jeff Carlisi and the 38 Special guys. I think of race car drivers as just guys I work with. It was very cool when I met Paul Newman as he had long been one of my heroes.
    Heck I even met the Queen's auntie, Princess Alice but the invitations to the palace have stopped coming since she passed on:wink:...W

11. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I have met several famous people when I was a limo driver.
    I even got a kiss on the cheek from Reba McIntyre one night.
    I have met Clint Black and wife Lisa Hartman, Clint can't sing very well after a few to many drinks though...lol
    I had Terry Bradshaw and Troy Aikman during a night on the town in a limo.
    I even had lunch with Jodi Foster at the airport.
    When I was in the Air Force I met and dated Trisha Yearwood before she was a big time country singer.

12. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I know a few ex-baseball players. Scott Cooper, Paul Reuschel & Jim Cosman. I don't know them well though.

I have met Todd Agnew, a Christian rock singer.

My dad used to race boats, so I met a lot of famous racers as a small child.
    Bill Siebold is probably one of the more famous ones.

There was another guy who my dad was friends with, Marshall Grant who was a boat racer, but was also a band member for Johnny Cash.
    Dad likes to tease about the time when I was around 5 years old, back in the early 70's when he introduced me to him. Marshall asked me who my favorite country singer was I and told him Porter Wagoner because he had "red cowboy boots!" :smile2:

13. crazyjet1

crazyjet1 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I went to school for three yearswith and hung out with the number 2 greg oden 3 mike conlly in the 07 NBA draft.

14. Harleycat

Harleycat New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    I know steve ,randy,and bob kinser sprint car gods

15. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    Lawnman you a lucky dog! Reba! Kiss on the cheek! I might would give up catfishing for that......Nah...Wouldnt go that far.... Mercy Daddy-O! That Reba is still hotter than a microwave oven!
    ~Teddy

16. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Reba!!! You lucky dawg.

17. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Back in 2001-2002 I used to work out with Randy Orten (for those of you wrestling fans).

I've met several famous bodybuilders, Ronny Coleman, Flex Wheeler, Kevin Levrone, Nasser El SonBaty,

Trained with Orlando Pace (St Louis Rams) once.

Played college football (3 Years) with Chris Horn (ex KC Chiefs wide reciever #81)

Met President George W. Bush during a compaign speech (security detail)

18. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I told my wife that Reba would be the only woman I would leave her for but fat chance of me having Reba. :sad2:

19. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I met Bill Clinton in 1983, when he was running for Governor of Arkansas. Funny story!
    I was rushing to make a dental appointment at the VA, and he was 'meetin' folks'. At that time, I had no idea what a Bill Clinton was, but my wife and I had worked in the 'exceptional class' at our church in Florida, and we were both very familiar with people who greet strangers like long lost friends, with a hug and maybe a handshake too. Well, Slick Willie threw his arm around my shoulder and he grabbed my hand, saying how glad he was to see (or meet) me, while a group of official looking people around him were trying to get him to go somewhere. Of course, my first thought was that he had escaped from his rubber room, and they were trying to get him back in it without gang tackling him and carrying him back on a stretcher, upsetting everyone else in the hospital. I finally got him pried loose, said something like, 'Glad to see you too." and went on to my appointment. Naturally I mentioned my encounter with the 'crazy man' to my wife and father in law, who had come down to Little Rock with me from Atkins. That evening, the news showed Bill at the VA and I recognized him, saying, "That's that crazy man I met today!" My father in law, not a fan of Slick, almost fell out of his chair laughing. So, I met Bill Clinton, and immediately thought that he was crazy. Talk about first impressions! :0a30:
    Oh yeah, later, when he was running for President, he would jog past my place in Little Rock in the evening, followed by the men in (the) black (SUV).

20. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Could have been worse might have meet his wife.