Knots

Discussion in 'Salt Water Fishing' started by young fisher, Nov 19, 2007.

1. young fisher

young fisher New Member

State:
    Texas
    i have 40 lb test and a barrel swiveled leader. Does anyone know good knot that will hold on for a while's drag?

2. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages

3. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Ben, learn to tie a palomar, and loop knot and that will take care of most of your freshwater fishing.

4. young fisher

young fisher New Member

State:
    Texas
    iv'e had freshwater luck with the polmar knot ....sorry but I already put that on

5. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    I use the improved clinch knot for my snaps and swivels when Tuna and Marlin fishing. I also use a palomar knot on almost all my inshore tackle. Just check your drag, any knot will break with to much drag.

6. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Cary,

Where do you go offshore out of? I've been out of OI a few times on charters. There is some awesome fishing down there off the coast. Hoping to get down there this weekend and jump on a boat if I can. YFT are really biting.

7. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    I mated on a few differnt charter boats and ran a private boat for a few years out of Ocean City Md. Now I get up there about twice a season, and for the White Marlin Open. I havent been out of NC in a few years but have been trying to catch some friends while they are there. Hopefully this year I can hitch a ride one day.

8. young fisher

young fisher New Member

State:
    Texas
    I fish galveston party boats in the bay on harborside. They have chea cheap prices. maybe if any of yall are down here somtimes you can go with me and my dad.

9. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Will be seeing ya'll on the 90th St pier some time in the spring.

:004: Will

10. young fisher

young fisher New Member

State:
    Texas
    Okay well what boat or charter do you fish coonx

11. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Haven't been on the party boats, I mainly do the 90 Street Pier or surf fishing at the east end of Seawall Blvd.
    Next trip, I'm thinking about trying the SLP pier, and a party boat.

Will

12. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Trying to get back in place.

13. young fisher

young fisher New Member

State:
    Texas
    any sharks? If any on what?

14. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Only ones that I've caught so far, is small 18" bonnetheads. I haven't targeted for shark specifically, but will start next year. Something in the 3-4' range would be nice, have heard that shark steaks are good. :wink:

15. Tinsldr2

Tinsldr2 New Member

State:
    GA
    3 foot sharks are good eating but watch size limits. I catch a lot of Atlantic Sharpnose Sharks in that size range. Also bonnethead but havent kept any of the bonnethead. GA regulation isthe small shark size linit is 30 inch and for larger species it is 48 inches with stricter limits on the number you can keep. your states regulations might be different.

For the steaks you NEED to Marinate them for 12 to 24 hrs covered in Italian Dressing in the fridge. Then they are ready for a grill (on tin foil) or a thick iron pan for searing.

I also recently read a NOAA info paper on Sandbar sharks. It said they were threatened so I reccomend practicing strictly CPR on them.

Attached Files: