knots for superbraid

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by LEROYDOZOIS, May 29, 2008.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    im going nuts because the 17 lb monofiliment im using for leader material is stronger than the 20 lb crystal i have on my rods

i think its the knots ( clinch & polamar keep sliping)

any help????????

2. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Cant remember the name of it but try animatedknots.com

3. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I use palomar knots all the time and no problems, just make sure the knot is wet before cinching it down tight and leave a half inch on the tag end.

4. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    I have "Operater Problems" with the braids. The ONLY way it works for me is a GLUED Improved Double Clinch Knot. But this is me.

:wink:

5. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    thats my problem:confused2: im used to mono:embarassed:gota get used to better things :wink:

6. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
  7. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    The double palomar knot has not yet failed me with braided line. That's the way to go, IMHO.
    BB in SC

8. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Brother LeRoy;
    I have an idea for you to consider. Go to the Power Pro website and learn the knots that work for braids. Then you will have knots that work both for braids AND for Mono's without having to memorize separate knots for each category!:big_smile:
    Here is the website:http://www.powerpro.com/using/knots.asp
    I hope this helps you out and solves your line problems.:big_smile:
    Peace Be With You and Yours,
    Fraternally,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post]]]]]

9. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    here's a quick and easy fix for braid knots. i use a uni knot 99% of the time so when you use braid or fireline instead of 6 turns go 9-12 turns and i promise it won't slip.

10. ninrugger

ninrugger New Member

State:
    WI
    i've been using either the single or double uniknot for braid. if one seems to slip, i'll go through the hook eye twice then continue with the uniknot. works great.

11. KingCat

KingCat New Member

State:
    Olathe Kansas
    I use Tuff Line XP and there's a recommended braided line knot for it where you double a few inches of the line and pass the doubled end through the eye of the hook, swivel/ etc. Make a few wraps back around itself and then pass the doubled end back through the loop that was created before you did the wrapping. Cinch that down and I promise that knot will NEVER break.
    You'll break the line, swivel, straighten out the hook, etc before you'll budge that knot. :smile2:

I looked online and can't find a name for it but it's diagrammed out on the inside of the Tuff Line box. Maybe it's their own special knot?

12. KingCat

KingCat New Member

State:
    Olathe Kansas
  13. MSgtCatfish

MSgtCatfish New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I use a double polimar knot for my braid line and have never had a problem with it. I've been snagged before and pulled and pulled and broke my 298 pound test Malin steel leader line (used as a drift rig) before my 50 pound test braid or knot gave away.

14. switchback

switchback New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I use the palomar knot whether im bass fishing, catfishing, and even bluegill and crappie fishing. Braided or mono I have never had any problems with it.

15. pcholmes

pcholmes New Member

State:
    California
    I have used several different superbraids and the Crystal is one of the slipperiest. I have used the Palomar on Spiderwire Stealth, Powerpro, the new Spiderwire Ultracast and the ONLY one that slips with the Palomar is the Crystal. My fishing buddy George loves the Sufix and has no trouble with the Palomar and he fishes extensively in Alaska so can afford no knot trouble. What I would do is use a Triple Palomar and the new Berkley knot glue on the Crystal. I also believe the best superline to mono knot is the simple uni. Just my humble thoughts on the matter although I have never had the Palomar ever fail on any superline line but the Crystal (Next time try the new Ultra Cast clear, no casting problems what so ever and much, much better knot strength).
    Phil

16. massa_blake

massa_blake New Member

State:
    Texas
    The big thing with braid is it has to be wet when you get it tight spit on it to lube it up before pulling it tight. I use braid as my main line and I tie it up with a double clinch to the swivel and I have not had any problems yet.