knock on wood

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by Steve Douglas, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    ive been control fishin this season on structure and the only way i could fish it was a bouncin rig, which i learned alot about structure but lost alot of rigs, so out of sheer need i went back to my bass fishin roots to solve my problem! a simple jig was my anwser! ive got so much more controll of that bait as a jig rather than a carolina rig! i can remember back when i bass fished i always liked flippin the cover for bass, and would always catch some catfish on them! so this past season i decided to knock on some deep wood for some big cats! and it worked! but i had to use home made jigs out of no rolls and custom build each one, which was a pain! so i decided to build myself some molds and do it rite! i finally got my molds back and made my first jigs! just thot i would share it with you guys!
    ive got 2-3 and 4 oz jigs with 10 ought hooks! i have designed this jig for low current situations ! my homemade deals worked great just a pain to make ! i havnt tried these yet but but cant wait to!

Attached Files:

2. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    THATS A GREAT IDEA AND IT REALY LOOKS LIKE IT WILL WORK.I READ A ARTICLE ABOUT JIGGING FOR FLATS LIKE THAT BUT THEY WHERE USING REGULAR BASS AND CRAPPIE JIGS.I'M LIKE YOU THOUGH I WANT SOMETHING BUILT A LITTLE STRONGER FRO CAT FISHING.I THINK I'M GONNA HAVE TO MAKE ME UP SOME OF THOSE JIGS.THANKS FOR THE INFO.

3. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    great idea Steve, thanks for sharing. Will be waiting to see the results

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Looking good steve. Where were you able to locate the molds for that size jig?

5. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    I second that post except i got the video of stange jigging dam backwash. I woldnt mind making some to try some time Great idea! reps.

6. Steve Douglas

State:
    Kentucky
    mickey i designed this jig myself and contracted a machine shop to make my molds!

ive got a couple different skirts availble to dress it up, mthen just tip it with a pc.of shipjack or shad!

7. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Great idea, thank you for sharing it .

Jig's sure do work . I use to fish below a small dam using a flair hair jig and catch a lot of cats on the right night ; ) I'm sure a jig head and bait would save me some rigs too...I'm gonna try it.

-Jim-

8. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    what kind of knot do you use to tie that on steve?

9. Steve Douglas

State:
    Kentucky
    the best one of course adam!:smile2:

you know! i know how to tie a bunch of different knots , but im not good with what there called adam! i know , thats bad huh?

but i think its and improved clinch maybe! make a loop , twist it 6 times, put it through the loop again and pull tite ! lol

but id say most any fishin knot would work!