Knee Update

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Blade4130, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    Hey Brothers of the BOC. I just wanted to give a up-date from my full knee replacement surgury. I want to give special thanks to Tom for keeping in touch and everything he has done. Also many thanks to those that have kept me in their prayers and wishing me well.

It's almost four weeks since surgury now. I am still using cruches to get around. However, I am doing alot of walking without them on my own. Yesterday I walked two blocks and that about killed me. I still have a lot of pain, but only after I do physical thereapy and push myself. I started water aerobics this week and that has helped out tremendously. I am also off the narcotics for pain and let me tell you my body didn't enjoy that at all. It was hell getting my body used to coming off of them.

Anyway, I am doing good and on the right track to be out in the boat with my uncle March 15th snagging for spoonbill. A month or two after that hopefully I will have all my strength in my knee and leg again ready for any catfish adventure:smile2: Here are a couple of pictures of what my knee was like after surgury

Don <aka> Blade4130

Attached Files:

2. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

Good to hear from you Don, the pain will get better, as time goes by.
    Its been 8 weeks, now from when I had my back surgery. I will be going back to work in 3 weeks. I was giving the full physical movement now, {bending}. I can pick up more than 2 1/2lb now.

So keep on. :wink:
    It gets better
    Steve

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    You must of read my mind Don. About 4:30PM I saw one of your post and was wondering how it was doing. Thought about calling you but you answered it for me. Get well brother so we can go fishin.
    Does kind of still resemble a football.

4. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Boy Don, that looks pretty painful. Good luck, hopefully you'll back be fishing before you know it.

5. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    Glad to hear your doing well Steve. You can bet I will be out on the water as soon as I can. Even if I can't snag very long my first goal is to be out there opening day with my uncle come March15th.

6. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Hang in there Don it won,t be long before you will be chaseing Kittys:006:

7. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Glad to see you are up and getting around. I sent you a pm buddy.

Tom