"KLONK" I need Some Information on It

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Cornhusker, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Cornhusker

Cornhusker New Member

State:
    Lancaster, Ohio
    I saw in another thread that some of you have tried the "Klonk" and with some good success. That is great.

I remember that about the time I drifted away from the board, a couple of you guys were given klonks to try. I also recall that it took some practice and learning to achieve that special sound that called the cats in. I lost track of who was trying these and what results you have had.

What I really need to know is what brand of catfish respond to it. I know the Wels in Europe and Spain come a runnin. I have read where you guys have called in flatheads here in the US.

:0a21:Has anyone had any luck calling in Channels or Blue Cats?

The reason for my question is that about the same time we started looking at the Klonk here on the board I came across electronic fish callers that were working very well on shark and tuna. The S2 Instrument folks were developing calls for other fish and what they told me was that a catfish call was underway. I went back to check on it last night and to my surprise there is a call on the market. From what I could read it is the Klonk sound reproduced electronically or with a recording.

I might be interested if it calls channels and blues as well as flatheads.

2. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Well, shiver me timbers and blow me down!!!!
    What an honor to see the great Cornhusker posting again!!
    Sorry I can't help on your quest, just wanted to say Hi!.

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    See what happens when ya leave the gate unlocked. LOL! Good to see ya Corn. Hope all is well in your world.

It will be cool to see where this thread goes.:wink:

4. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good to see ya posting again Darrel! Never tried the klonk myself but look forward to some of the responses on here. Once again, thanks for posting again and hopefully we can get together and fish sometime this year since I only live about 20-30 minutes from you.:big_smile:

Johnny

5. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    WOW corn husker is back. Great to see you posting. I never did see any results posted, but might have missed them. It would be good to know if it works.

I do know that in my pond once the channel cats got used to being fed they would come from at least 100 yards looking for food after I started throwing it out on the water for them. Seems logical that a call would work.

6. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    Corn, I am one of those guys that has not been able to get the Klonking method DOWN! I have splashed more water than the Lord Allows, but the actual method escapes me. Having said all of this, are you trying to get the sound for yourself to compare? If so, you may be able to download it from one of the videos that are available. This was just a question and a Welcome BACK!!!!!!

HOPPY4

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Darrel Welcome back to the board. Thanks for asking that question. Would like to know the answer myself.[/B]

8. Cornhusker

Cornhusker New Member

State:
    Lancaster, Ohio
    Well HOPPY I have serious doubts that I or many of the others on here could get the hang of it that quickly. That is why I started looking at the electronic/electrical fish calling devices.

They seem to work very well for shark, tuna and some other saltwater species. In fact I read somewhere that the was a problem with the fish eating the underwater speaker. Now that must be a ggggoooooooodddd call. (LOL)

The price is kind of high so I am not very interested in the Catfish Magnet (call) unless it works on more than flatheads.

P.S. - Thanks for the warm welcome back folks. I appreciate it.