kk iland

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by fishingbuddy4, Sep 23, 2005.

1. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    IF anyones around kk iland sat i will be drifting around there,come buy and say hi,i will be the boat with no writing on the side and two rods sticking out the boat

2. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Good luck! We're going to have another go at drifting around G14 Saturday night. Let's hope they're biting.

3. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    they seem to be catching alot during the day i here alot of them being caught in the30s you should come over to osage bluff and try it

4. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Might give it a try there one of these days - but Osage Bluff is a zillion miles from "home" -- I live in KC, dad lives in Windsor so I prefer to stay on the Grand River arm most of the time.

Have to drive back home after we're done fishing, and it already takes 2 hours to get from the ramp at G14 back to Windsor and then KC - I didn't to bed till 4am last time we went.

If we don't do any better this week, we'll certainly think about going other places...

5. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    We didnt do real good caught 15 or 20 blues and channels 12 to 18 inches no big fish ,going to try it next weekend with brandon

6. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    You did better than us...

We didn't make it 500 ft from the boat ramp. Dad worked on the lower unit last weekend and apparently didn't connect the pipe from the water pump to the engine or do any testing at home like I asked him to 3 times... That old Evinrude paint really smells great when it's burning... Not sure we can salvage the engine or not.

I'm beginning to think somebody's trying to tell me to take up a different hobby.

BTW - I found out there's a concrete boat ramp just to the west of KK island - it's not the kind you'd put your $30k bass boat in at, but for an old aluminum boat, it'll do just fine. It's accessible off of KK road - probably worth driving down there without the boat once until you figure out where it is.

7. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    mr t are you making it down for the gathering in 2 weeks

8. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    No, can't make it - my weekends are mostly spoken for until late October... Might be able to squeeze in a friday night here or there but unlikely.