Kitty Crate OR Tight Wads Fish Basket

Discussion in 'Catfishing Library' started by BIG_D, Aug 31, 2008.

1. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    Ok, I'm a tight wad. I made this kitty crate out of an old milk crate. I added pool noodles to float it, framed the top and covered it with plastic screen wire. I added one hinge for the top opening, right in the middle. I made a latch so fish couldn't flip it open and flop out. I added a rope handle to carry it and added a long piece of rope to tie it off so it can't float away.

Ok, I had the old crate laying around
    I had scrap plastic screen laying around
    I had rope laying around
    So all I got in it is 75cents for a pool noodle

I hope this tip saves a few of you tight wads a doller as well!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    .....it works!!! I had customized a fish basket that I brought last year from someone while fishing. I'll admitt that I put $20 worth of hardware in to it including $2 for wheels from a lawnmower junkyard. Just in the past week I was given a grocery cart that had been damaged to the point that the manager was willing to throw it away. I told him that I might have use of it so he agreed to give it to me. I made a fish basket from it after I went to Home depot to rent a side grinder & I had to buy 2 blades. In just a few hours I have a new fish basket. Your ideal of an old carton has crossed my mind too. You can see the 2 baskets on my profile albums.