Kingston March 25, 2008

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by mcwrestler, Mar 28, 2008.

1. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    This last Tuesday I went down to the local hotspot of Kingston TN to share the bank with a man and wife from Massachusetts and hopefully catch some good fish. Before I arrived he caught a new PB of 25lbs and had some other low teens so it was to be a good day it appeared. I had 3 runs back to back on the grits pack that I made a thread of but missed the hookups and it got frustrating. I kept hitting the same spot about 75 yards out and kept missing it. I changed the length of the hair (From 4 kernals of maize down to 1) and the next time the alarm sounded I had a good fight on my hands. After a good battle and wading in the shallow water to net him I had my first fish of the day weighing a little over 15lbs. 5 minutes later I lost a fish that I got to the bank and around noon the man I came to meet went on his way to other places for his vacation. I figured that my day was to be solitary but alas it wasn't. Around 1 a car pulls up and as soon as I hear the english accents I knew they were here to get some carp.

These 2 wayward anglers relocated from England to Atlanta had found their way to TN and that just made my day better since I love meeting and fishing with any and everyone. Thing was one of the 2, Buck, had forgot his pod at home but for once my habit of bringing everything paid off as I loaned him a set of bank sticks and told him to just mail them back to me later. After they set up we just sat around and got acquanted and just BSed with each other while avoiding the rising water that would eventually drop. They began catching on grits pack as well landing a 15lber and 13lber within minutes of each other. I would leave soon but not before I got some pics. Also, that night around 4am Buck landed 3 20lbers in a row with one weighing near 27lbs.

Attached Files:

2. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Here are the rest of the pics

Attached Files:

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thanks for sharing the pictures with us that was a very nice carp you caught

4. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Very nice congrats on that catch that 15lb looks nice....

5. bigcarp

bigcarp New Member

State:
    england
    nice fish brad glad to see you help out us limies:smile2:

look forward to hearing how your season pans out