Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently moved from Tx to Ar. I work in the oilfield for Nomac Drilling on a rig and live up around Berryville and looking to find some good catfish holes. Kings river is huge thru here but havent had much luck catching anything yet. I usually fish with livers and just looking for some new places to go besides beaver lake. Or if u know some good spots on the lakes ill check them out also. Thanks

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Couple of college friends my son hangs with are from there. They say that Kings River is the place for catfishing but shad tends to work better around them parts

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Leave it to Billy to make me look like i forgot something, But he is always on toip of his game! LOL ROFl
Welcome to the usca
Ask all the questions ya wont to cause everybody around here are family

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Phil,
Welcome to the USCA. You'll like it here and will find a ton of helpful people and info.
I have a friend who fishes/floats the Kings from up around your way. He uses a flatbottom and will float for a couple of days, camping out on the gravel bars at night. He sets lines around the areas he camps out and catches lots of cats. As I know he doesn't own a shad net, much less know which end to throw it from, he probably catches little bream and baits up that way. I don't think he liver fishes much either..........just small bream.
Hope this helps. Let us know if you do any good.
YOU ARE GOOD TO GET AWAY FROM BEAVER!!!! FISH ANYWHERE BUT BEAVER!!!!!
JUST DON'T FISH FOR CATS ON GREERS FERRY..............if you do, don't let Big Sam think I steered you there...............(all in inside joke between Sam and I)
Again, welcome of the USCA.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i appreciate it folks. I guess ill try some new bait and see what i can come up with. Anyone do any noodlin around here. I go to oklahoma every june with my brother in law since thats where he is from and we go and get some nasty flats every year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.