Kings of the catfish this weekend

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by bluehunter, Oct 8, 2009.

1. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Hey fellas yours truly is in the King of Cats this weekend (Irvine Lake) in which there will be partners going after the crown. Catmando and I are teaming up so wish us luck. Will give yall a run down after its over. My plan is to try to get out tomorrow night before the event for testings and to be in full effect Sat night. Swing some of that catfishing luck my way is ya can. Talk to yall soon about it.

B

2. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Good luck blue. Go get em:wink:

3. catin38

catin38 New Member

State:
    alabama
    good luck and let us know how you do

4. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Wow.... what a combination ...... Ronson and Blue.... can't help from winning.... got the "magic bait" the ole mack, and all the spots marked from years of experience....

5. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Good luck Blue. Will definitely be waiting for the results. I'm sure you will do well.:wink:

6. monstercatcher

monstercatcher New Member

State:
    california
    Good luck woohoo one day the Cali boys will be up there too

7. monstercatcher

monstercatcher New Member

State:
    california
    R u guys going to be in a boat

8. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
  9. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Thanks fellas.

John I will be in a boat. They made this one special - use their rental boats. no fish finders, and no more than two rods per person taken onto the boat. Sounds good to me though I been fishing that lake for 20 years. Do not need a fish finder at all this time of the year as a matter of fact. Its going to be fun I will take pictures and put it up. They are suppose to have a breakfast for us that morning as well. Thanks for the well wishes everyone.

B

10. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    May the Force be with you.
    Always.

11. low desert jonathan

low desert jonathan New Member

State:
    California
    Good luck Brian From everyone at the BOC and the WCCM LDJ:smile2: Knock em dead

12. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    good luck. hope ya tear em up

13. hawgmaster

hawgmaster New Member

State:
    SE columbu
    good luck blue...hope you get a monster!!!!!!

14. Novaxs

Novaxs New Member

State:
    Oceanside Ca.
    Good lcuk to you Brian, i'll be there too with my fishing buddy. I'll be giving you a run for the prize!

15. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    My buddy and partner for the event knocked out a 59 pounder last night. Man someone always gets the big one before the event. LOL. We will be back at it tonite as I was out there last night as well just dipping and diving trying to find where they are at. It was a tough bite - which makes tournaments even better if you ask me. Will keep yall in the loop tomorrow after I get back. I came down with bronchitus a few days ago and it is nothing nice - but I will still be out there. :smile2: Here is there. Here is the pic of the 59 pounder.

Attached Files:

16. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Thanks for the report blue:wink: Take care of that bronchitus. That stuff is no joke:wink: Look forward to your report. Go get BLUE!!!!!!!

17. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Whats up Brian, good luck brother!
    Dang that was nice fish!:crazy: Details Brian,where did Ronson catch the Blue? What type of bait?

Jaime

18. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Hey folks just woke up from a nap. The event was fun and they treated the participants well with breakfast this morning and also food and drinks last night as well. It was nice seeing all of the participants, old friends and new and talking about past experiences we had together on the water and other memories. I teamed up with catmando for the event and we went out on the rental boat they provided for us. The bite was good for him but the fish was not big enough. He did come in third though with a 5 pounder. The bite for me was stagnant as I could not get a hook up, plus I was using very big pieces as well. So I ended up sleeping most of the times nursing my bronchitus. :eek:oooh:I took a few pictures of the outting and the get together that I will post soon. The winner of the event was trollmiester - Chris. A legend of Irvine winner and a great character that I known for years on another board. His buddy Pontoon is a member here on the BOC that a few members know about. Chris won with a nice 14 pound channel. Pretty pretty cool and my hats off to him as he is a dedicated anglers, gets along with everyone,funny, and is out to fish for fun and puts on a show for everybody and is nice - even giving me bait he catches from the pier sometimes. They only had 2 fish, but that one 14 pounder was good enough. Other participants was on the fish but just could not get the weight as a lot of small fish was caught. 2nd place went out to my boy Donavan's sisters as he fished a new area and came through for him and his sister. Third place was a tie in the 5 pound range and Catmando was in the tie but weight his fish in last. This was really a fun event and it is always good fishing with Catmando as we have not done that in a long time. Looking forward to next years King of Cats already. Nice seeing you Ben and Jeremy as well. Will talk a little more later, about to sack back out again. LOL.

B

19. Novaxs

Novaxs New Member

State:
    Oceanside Ca.
    We had a great time out there last night! My buddy jeremy placed 6th i think with a 5.2 lber. I didn't place, i also only caught 1 fish a 2.1lber. Jeremy landed a total of 4. Most exciting part of the night... i am watching the poles and Jeremy is rigging up his 2nd rod. His walmart special "durango" starts bouncing, i holler at him to grab it. It goes BOING BOING BOING SPLASH! I yell at him to grab the landing net to snag it before it sinks, and he just stares in dumbfoundment as we watch the glowstick on the tip of the rod disapear into the depths. At this point i am laughing my ass off, and telling him to grab a 4ounce wieght and a big treble. I pull in one of my poles and rig it up the same. We start casting over the area where the pole went in. 10min later Jeremy feels a snag, and works it in real slow. We see this glow coming up from the depths! It's the durango! The bail is open and line is everywhere. He starts reeling it back in and the rod bends in half! This fish is still on! LOL he reels it in and it's a small 2lber, but it's spunky. I probably laughed for over 30min straight. My stomach hurt for a while after that. We ate breakfast with everyone and watched all the awards and raffle prizes go out. I had a great time, and am greatly looking forward to next years series. I also have to get down to Otay with Mr Bluehunter himself. Maybe i can con him into a B-day trip in Nov?

20. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    That is a great story. Glad yall got the rod back. And it was a two pounder? Goes to show that even those little boys have some hard pull and guts. We will meet up soon. I am on the 2 times a month San Diego craze starting November. Good thing I still have buddies and old girl friends down in San Diego. LOl