kingman state fishing lake

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by kansas_catman_16, Apr 26, 2009.

1. kansas_catman_16

kansas_catman_16 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    i thought bout goin out to kingman state fishing lake tomorrow try for some catfish mayb even try for the northerns they have in there. has anyone fished for them out there if so how'd u do and would it be worth goin

2. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    I WENT OUT THERE TWICE LAST YEAR, DIDN'T GET A BITE ON BOTH TRIPS, LAST TIME FOR ME I HAVE OTHER LAKE TO FISH WHERE I GET BIT:sad2: RWG

3. kansas_catman_16

State:
    Kansas
    good thing i didnt go out there then. but i am headed down the arkansas today fish the flood water

4. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    GOOD LUCK, THE LITTLE RIVER BY MY HOUSE IS REALLY UP, JUST SAW WHERE THEY ARE CLOSING THE BRIDGE AT 21TH NORTH BY TWIN LAKE DUE TO THE WATER, IT WAS VERY HIGH AT 6.30 THIS MORNING
    THERE SHOULD BE FLATS AT LINCON STREET, I DON'T FISH DOWN THERE VERY OFTEN TO MANY CRACK HEADS

5. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Amen.:sad2:
    I wish it was like it used to be, Id be there right now.:smile2:

6. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Thers crackheads at Lincoln St Bridge. :eek:oooh:

7. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Sometimes youve got to weed through the trash to get to the treasure. I wouldnt let that stop me. :smile2:

8. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    When people break into your car and throw crap at ya when they drive by you would.:wink::smile2: Downstream aways isnt too bad but on or near the bridge is horrible.:sad2:

9. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Id have someone drop me off, and Id throw stuff back, only harder. :wink: Living in KC, Ive been dealing with crackheads and homeless people my whole life. If the river rises and thats where the good fishing is at, than thats where Id be. No risk, no reward. :smile2:

10. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Man, times have changed since ive been there. But i guess that was back in the early 90s. They broke in your car Kyle? Thats messed up. I guess night fishing is out of the question then. :0a5:

11. NRA_Guns_Winner

NRA_Guns_Winner New Member

State:
    kansas/Oklahoma
    I work with a man who had great luck a few weeks ago their. He had a few nice northern pikes, and a mess of crappy several were 13-16 1/2" in length. I've never been out that way put plan to.

12. BowieKnife357

BowieKnife357 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I've fished down there three times this year and so far have never seen anyone else besides they guy I was with. He's fished down there for years, says it's not as bad as it used to be since they put new lights up where you park at. I don't think we've ever gotten down there before 11:00 pm and he fishes it alone all the time with no problem. Not saying it's perfectly safe, but that's just been my experience so far. Who knows, maybe the crackheads can smell the ol' S&W from a distance and it deters them a little.:wink:

13. kansas_catman_16

State:
    Kansas
    lol almost hada throw a crackhead in the river least time but they dont bother me really i dont say nuttin to them they dont say nuttin to me

14. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    The fishin there hasnt started yet.:wink:
    Wait til it does and go on a Fri night.:smile2:

It wasnt my car but I know a guy that had his cd player stolen. Then the guy that stole it tried to sell it to him on the bridge. He got his a$$ whipped.
    Alot of its not the crackheads, its the "fisherman" who dont know what they are doing and all off the trash down there.:angry:

Have any luck down there?

15. BowieKnife357

BowieKnife357 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Been catching some buffalo in there to use for bait elsewhere. Every once in a while I'll see a little flatty hanging out up against the bank but havn't tried catfishing down there. Seen a ton of muskrats down there too, would love to run a trapline but I'm sure the traps would disappear about as quick as I set them out.

16. kansas_catman_16

State:
    Kansas
    went yesterday and i couldnt get 10ounces to hold bottom and there where WAAAY to many people down there but i am goin to try 21st saturday night and seee wat happens

17. Storm27m

Storm27m New Member

State:
    Wichita, Kansas
    I've fished Lincoln St 5-6 times so far this year and there have been two evenings where it was really crowded but I haven't had problems with anyone. I did have an "uncomfortable" situation last year, but nothing too serious. I got the feeling that things could have turned out differently if I hadn't been aware of what the guys MIGHT have had in mind.

My biggest gripe is when people come down and fish 10 yards from you when there is open bank all the way down the river. Last time I watched a lady cast right over my line. I got her back though. I think she about had a heart attack when I reeled in my line (now attached to hers) and doubled her pole over for her:smile2:. She thought she had a big one!

18. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Thats what they get. They want to post up right next to you, then cross your line, Id do the same thing, make them think they just stuck a pig, then when they realize they are on my line, I love in that split second when they look over at me, and I just smile, and keep on reeling. :smile2:

19. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    :wink::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2: Thats funny, but i guess ya gotta do what ya gotta do.