KingKat Classic Gateway Cats or Riverbend teams

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by eflow, Sep 26, 2008.

1. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    Does anyone have any news about any of the Gateway cats or Riverbennd trail teams that fished the KingKat Classic? I talked with one of the teams from the Riverbend trail (Scotty & Leonard) Scotty said they caught their limit but they were all dinks.

2. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    Justin I called Leonard a couple of hours ago, he said he wasn't feeling to good. Hopefully he feels better tomorrow and puts some hogs in the boat! I should of went down there, Maybe next year.:smile2: I new if i stayed home I would be foaming at the mouth:smile2:

3. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Maybe next year they will have it on a real river with some current and isn't 5miles wide.

4. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    He got thinking to much and gave himself a migrain didn't he. Or maybe it was the 4ft waves in a flat bottom plate boat? They did weigh-in a limit! and that always the 1st goal in tournament fishing to me. You know what my 2nd is!

5. katcatchingfool

State:
    illinois

I dont know what? You told me to catch the fish and you would keep them alive? I guess keeping fish alive? Am I Right? :wink:

Just kidding brother, I just had to give you a hard time!!!:smile2::crazy::smile2:

6. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    No! smarta$$ Don't leave fish to find fish! DUUUHH!:tounge_out:

7. katcatchingfool

State:
    illinois

HaaaaHaaaa Haa Haaaaa, It hurts, It hurts,:smile2::smile2::smile2: Your the Man Justin:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::0a24: Hey I have a quick,:0a21:

8. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I just got home from the Classic. Cuz and I had a decent day yesterday, caught several fish, but they were all rats. We weighed in 53.6lbs on day 1, which put us in 18th place. We didn't have a very good day today, they shut the dams completely off, and had to bump all day. We painted several big fish, but couldn't get them to bite, we even reeled up and changed baits, and nothing. We figured if we would've weighed in what we caught yesterday, it would've put us in the top 10, and in the money. From what I hear, not much was weighed in today, John talked to Eric, and he said 75% of the field got skunked today, and big fish was 40 something? I think he said 156 lbs won it all, but dunno who exactly won yet.:wink: That Ohio river is a different creature for sure. I kinda like it though.:crazy:

9. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Was a pleasure fishing with you Grumper. Like ya said, had they kept that water running for just one more day, we would most likely have a top 10 in the Classic. Nonetheless I'm proud of how we did. 18th place in a 100 boat field, considering the talented anglers fishing that tourney, and its certainly something to be very proud of.

Maybe well get em next year buddy. Great to see the BOC well represented at all the Classic events and gatherings. Got to meet Paul, and shoot the breeze with him, along with Russ from down south, and countless others.

Talks with John Jamison, Phil King, and others indicated it was just about the worst Ohio River bite they have ever seen. The total winning weight was 153 for two days. Most Ohio River tourneys i've seen, 153 wouldnt take a single day tourney, let alone a two dayer.

Be proud of our efforts. Despite a laundry list of what could go wrong did, we did well my friend. Thanks for all the well wishes from the Brothers that showed support for us while we down there.

Currently back to work on Gateway, and planning a Dollar Tourney in the very near future. There is a chance of a Halloween gathering and hay ride, two or three more meetings, and of course the Christmas Banquest. Details soon.