KINGHAWK CB-530 baitcast reel

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by OkieHenry, May 9, 2009.

1. OkieHenry

OkieHenry New Member

State:
    Hulbert, Oklahoma
    I picked up a kinghawk cb-530 yesterday, after opening it up and looking inside, I was suprised to see how simple it was made, and at the same time how well it was made all brass gears, even the spool cog and idler gear for the level wind system were brass. they come with 3 ball bearings the two on the spool and a handle bearing, I checked with the distributer and he has parts on order just incase, but they come with a 1 year warranty.

I am a die hard Ambassadeur fan, but this reel was impressive, I havent got to use it yet but as soon as i do I will let everyone know how it performs.

2. OkieHenry

OkieHenry New Member

State:
    Hulbert, Oklahoma
    Well I hate to say it but these reels remind me of a tasco scope you may get a good one right off the bat, or you may half to return it a doz times to get a good one. They do have a good warranty (1 year) so you can take them back, but i know how mad I get when a reel fails and there is a big fish on the other end.

So if you feel like messing with them get you one and try it out, If you don't want to mess with them stay clear.

As for me, lesson learned, I'll stay with the old Ambassadeur's