King Salmon

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Blacky, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I couldn't afford to go to Alaska plus I have to work but wanted to catch a salmon. Never caught any ever so I decided to take a road trip with some friends to Pulaski, NY for the fall salmon run.

It was by far one of the craziest styuff i have ever seen fishingwise. Imagine 20 and 30lb salmon swimming in a river no more than 2 feet deep!

Hooking a fish wasn't to hard, but landing them was a different story. The hookup to land ration was 20 to 1 because you have to use light line (8lb flouro).

I did land 2 and got them filleted and smoked at a nearby fish cleaning station.

So here it is, my first ever salmon! Enjoy bros!

2. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Way to go Tan ...I love to fish for salmon weather its in a river or the ocean.:big_smile:

3. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    Man, thats awesome!! I was thinking of going to erie for some steelhead action. Congrats on the catch!

Tom

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Very nice salmon.

5. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Nice Salmon Blacky! :big_smile: A little change of pace from all those hog Flatheads you usually catch! :cool2:

6. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    thanks buddy.

go kick some flathead butt!