The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone fishing the King of the James tournament Saturday ? I’m not fishing the tournament but want to fish the James Saturday but curious how many boats will be on the river. Anyone fishing it I wish you good luck and hope everyone has a safe & great day fishing.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I don’t know how many will be in the tournaments but there were several trucks and trailers with out of state tags at the ramp this morning and on 2 different occasions had boats circle us like buzzards and then just sit within 75 yards of us and never got a line wet. Hole hunting? 🤷🏼

·
Registered
Steven from Georgia
737 Posts
Results posted,
2 fish limit
Winner = 129.19 lb. / 72.87 big fish

Lots of fish in the 50 pound range

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wish I had entered , might next year if they stay with the 1 day tournament . I’m not a tournament guy but it seems to be well put together and its basically in my backyard so I may just give it a shot.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm not in that area currently but the Army has had me at Fort Lee a few times for varying lengths of time. And on more than one occasion I unknowingly fished the james when tourney's were going on. On those times seemed no matter where I went a boat was already there, and if one wasn't it didn't take long for one to end up anchoring near by. Sounds like they had a good bite.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts