King Kong Lord Of The Apes

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by FS Driver, Jan 8, 2006.

1. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    just got back from seeing KING KONG and it was awesome.
    if you havent seen it it is worth checking it out at the theater.
    special effects in this day and age have made this an intense and
    entertaining remake. i normally wait till a movie comes out on dvd and buy it saveing ticket cost and rental fees .
    cant wait to own the dvd i will have to say this is better than any of the movies ive seen over the past few years
    although the lord of the rings are great this rocks even more.

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Better than LOTR? I guess I'll have to go.

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Man I gotta see that movie. Thanks for the report on it. :cool:

4. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    i would have never thought it either wolfman.
    my 9 yr old is the one who asked me to take him and im glad i went.
    and as far as LOTR goes yes it is a spectacular collaberation of great
    characters special effects and enough of all the necessary ingridients to
    keep you captivated and wanting more.
    i cant wait till they do the hobbit up in this fashion.
    when i say KING KONG is as good or better than LOTR i mean it is as good or better than any 1 of the LOTR episodes, maybe not all three together.
    scene for scene special effects and cinematography? you wont be let down.
    i 'm no siskel and hebert but i cant see how anyone would go away from this one let down .
    dont let the remake aspect fool you .
    watch it and then post back here .

and BTW i dont have enough brain left to wash :rolleyes:

out of 5 stars i give it 5

5. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    my wife went and saw it a while back after it came out she loved it couldnt get me to go since i aint into them kind of movies she said she will buy it when it is out on dvd all i could do was roll my eyes lol. if it aint steven king or dean koontz it dont interest me to much lol.

6. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
  7. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Darryl, me and my family went to see it also, yesterday. We loved it!I can see what you mean by saying it was even better than LOTR, but for totally different reasons. The scenery and effects were fantastic. In fact, we all agreed that the natives at the wall were even scarier than the orcs in LOTR. (LOL). Don't forget that Peter Jackson directed both Kong and the LOTR Trilogy, so it is an easy comparison. I think he not only lived up to LOTR, but outdid himself.

I'll step into the Siskel and Ebert role and give this one :thumbsup:

:p

8. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    Definitely a movie you want to see on the big screen the first time. Its worth it.

9. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    LOL- You guys are arguing over which of the Peter Jackson Fantasy Films you like more, LOTR or Kong. Andy Serkis (gollum from LOTR) Also played Kong for the Digital remastering part of Kong.

Just admit that some fat kiwi has found a way to make Hollywood stand on its ear. Jackson is just too dern talented, and he does it all with a stained shirt, bedhead, and bare footed. I cant wait till he redoes the Hobbit. He said he'd do that next after Kong was done. I hope he nails that one like he did the first 3 LOTR films. Moreover, there are 12 books to the LOTR series. I hope he at least tries to do the Silmarillion as well. Thats the first first LOTR book, the prequel to all of middle earth.

I will have to go see kong now.

I opted for Narnia instead when the films opened. It was horrible. Dont waste your $ on narnia. Its gotta be as close to Alexander on the "crapfilm" scale as it gets.... if Colin Ferral's teabag was shown in Narnia, then it would beat Alxander on the suckitude scale. Alexander was a horrible waste of Angelina and her Jolies. I cant even begin to come to terms with the crapfactory that was Alexander.... but narnia came close as ever.

10. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    "AND WHAT, MAY I ASK" (he said with a tone) is wrong with The sound Of Music? In her day, Miss Andrews would give any of the current hotties a run for their money!...W

11. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"AND WHAT, MAY I ASK" (he said with a tone) is wrong with The sound Of Music? In her day, Miss Andrews would give any of the current hotties a run for their money!...W
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yeah, I got a spoonful of sugar for mary poppins's Von Trapp RIGHT HERE!

ROTFL....

Thats just too funny

12. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Showed my wife this thread and is now saying see when the dvd is out YOUR gonna watch it! hmmm guess ill have to watch it then :p oh well maybe when it comes out on dvd it will be during the heavy time of fishing for me and i wont have to sit through 3 hours in one sitting hehe. thats one of my main things i dont like to sit long like that :rolleyes:

13. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    mutt i was very skeptical about the length of the film too
    but with a large bag of popcorn and a large soda its not near as
    long as you would think .
    in fact i think they should have added about another 1/2 hour on
    3/4 of the way through the movie.
    i wont ruin the expeiriance for anyone by telling about it you can see for yourself.:)

how on earth did you watch any of the lotr's man? they are long too!

14. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Man I just got back from seeing it.....pretty intense. About made me mess up my britches in one part though....lol.....I liked the part where they shot the musqiotos with machine guns....those were some big skeeter's...LOL.

I loved the movie.:cool:

15. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    KK is great but in no way can hold a candle to LOTR. Peter Jackson did a great remake but the first hour was long and drawn out. Definatly worth seeing but c'mon, better then LOTR????

16. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

All of those who don't care please raise your hands!!!! LOL!!!!
    I shouldn't say much, I like war movies so neither of those interest me.

Ray