King Kat vs. Ugly Stik

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by veryama1975, Feb 9, 2008.

1. veryama1975

veryama1975 New Member

State:
    South West Mich
    What do you think of Cabela's King Kat ($19.99) compared to the 7 or 8ft Ugly Stik ($29.99). Cabela's says their rod is made of E-glass. The Ugly Stik is made of glass & graphite composite. Which do you think is the better rod? I already have an Ugly Stik but I wondered if my next rod should be a King Kat.

2. ronlyn239

ronlyn239 New Member

State:
    Bartlesvil
    I have both and they work great for me. I do like the King Kat because of the price.

3. catfishman352007

catfishman352007 New Member

State:
    ARNOLD/IMPERIAL
    ive used both rods and the king kat is by far my fav.

4. veryama1975

veryama1975 New Member

State:
    South West Mich
    Hi catfishman,

Can you tell me what about the King Kat makes it your favorite?

5. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    i love the 8-9' king kats they make a great circle hook rod if cabalas was closer id probally have a few more. if i had to choose between the 7 ugly cat and the 9' king kat id pick the king kat they seem to handle the current better. if i could change anything about the kk it would be to make it a slight bit stiffer and put more and better quality eyes on it but i guess they had to skimp somewere to sell them for $20

6. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    HARD CHOICE THERE BOTH GOOD

7. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Neither, I have owned them both and dislike them the same amount. They don't make you feel like you have full control of the situation with a good size fish on.

8. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I agree, now im using black cats and cat maxx both great rods until i can get some custom rods built.

9. back channel

back channel Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I am a ugly fan. Just can't beat them for $30. was going to buy a king cat until I seen it in person and just didn't like anything about it.

10. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I had 2 king kats, and in my opinion they were the cheapest rod I have ever held...Ugly stik for sure.

11. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I would have to say: For the money, Ugly Stiks are hard to beat! I have 8 of the "catfish series" white 7' mh action 1-piece rods and they are TOUGH!!!:wink:I use them for driftfishing and where I dont need over about 5oz of wieght.