KING KAT Rods S<>K

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by BIG_D, Aug 20, 2009.

1. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    ok some of you tried to tell me that King Kat rods was junk you was right i like them for channel cats but thay are not made for the big river cats i found out the hard way tonight i got one heck of a run the clicker was singing i grab the rod out of the holder flip the clicker off and set the hook all exsited and ready for a good fight rod is bent hard drag is pealing when all of a sudden pow rod snaps right at the big eye all i have is a nub in my hand he soon spits the hook out its over:sad2: i have big heavy rods that i know will do the job but i thout the king kat was a good rod wrong it will be the old heavy rods from now on thats two that has got the best of me this week the first i was ok with he just wrap me up but when i loos one over junky equipment that stinks the morel of the story is dont get disapointed like me over junk and trying to save a doller its not worth the hart ache save a little extra and get the best equipment you posably can :wink: i lost a fish of a life time tonight being a cheap a$$ not gona happen anymore :wink:

2. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Sorry to hear about that. Equipment failure sux.

3. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Many of your spec built rods from rod build houses are about the same.

$2,000 can get you into the rod game.

Cost will impact Quality to make the Profit.

As an example, we were offering cork handled fishing rods to the Catfish Syndicate for $17 bones.

They were still making a profit :crazy:

These were a name brand rod stocked across the country.

amazing stuff...

4. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    King kat equipment rules.:wink: -AJ

5. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Sorry to hear of the loss of a rod. never used one so i wont comment on it.

6. CatHunterSteve

CatHunterSteve New Member

State:
    Snowville, Va
    Ah man that's awful! But noe you know where he is, go back and get him with your stump pullers!

7. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    i think ya cought a boat there boss. geemanee cristmas what size line were ya using. i have tried to break my king kat before under normal fishing conditions :confused2: were you holding the rod high while he was ripping or did you bow to him, hands on the handle? what reel did ya have on it dieing for details i think this is the first reg king kat ive heard break. if it broke right at the eye they may have had the tension to tight when they put the eyes on. wait a minute what size king kat did you get was it the 8or9 if you got the shorter one 6'6" medium... im sorry you got a lemon that i suggested even sorryer it cost you a monster (boat..lol) but i figured if i can pull till i shake without putting my weight into it it shouldnt break.

8. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hay Dallas that Stinks!!! I know your pain. Several years ago the very same thing happened to me.I was fishing below the spillway on lake Sockawagiee (spelling, Damn Indian Names) in North Dakota and I got spooled and then my rod snapped,They were generating power and the gates were all wide open and the water was trucking.I don't know what kind of fish it was,Never saw it but that's one that I could not even start to turn.I still think about it every time I hook on a big fish in the Missouri River here in Iowa.Not saying that it won't happen again but this time I'll chase that sucker with my boat.LOL Oh well makes for a good story and I know it had to be at least a Hundred pounder,That's My story and I'm sticken to it.Tight Lines Brother and God Bless My Friend. J.D.

9. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Sorry to hear that Dallas. Get the big sticks out and go gettem again.

10. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    If you are cheap and don't want to break a rod the Ugly STick ugly cat is for you. 30 bucks.
    Better pack a lunch if you want to try to break it. I couldn't tell you how many times several of us have snagged and used that oppertunity actually try to break the rods. We aint broke one yet.

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dallas I'm sorry to hear of your rod failure. I agree with Mark on this post. Ugly Sticks.

12. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    lol details details ok using 65lb spiderwire 6000 Abu i had the rod handle in my hip with with hand in front of reel

13. Shutupandfish

Shutupandfish New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sorry to hear about that, you ought to write the company, at least you may be able to get some new channel cat rods:eek:oooh:

14. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    Yeah dallas try the ugly cat I give mine pure hell and they wont break on you buddy sorry you lost that fish but hes still there go git him:wink:

15. goosed

goosed Member

State:
    KC Missouri
    Sorry about the rod failure! I am new to catfishing myself. Trying to figure out what rods to buy myself. Looking at Quantum Big Cats?

16. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Dallis been there and done it too but us poor folk have poor ways wait till ya got good stuff and get shere broke off ya dont know weather to be heart broken or maybe neein a change (LOL) it happens you fishen the sipp(LOL)

17. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    KENNY i got the sippi behinde the house and the IL. to the front of the house i have bin hiting the IL. and so far its treating me like a red headed step chiled lol but i love it gona hit it agen friday night

18. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    forgot to mention the rod was lol a 7ft M/H

19. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I havnt never broke a rod but I have shattered reels....them 20 tigert combo walley rods ....watched my brother fix one (LOL) boy was he ticked and I know the fish he had was big it was taking us up river (LOL) man it would been a good day to land a lunker ................

20. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    that was the first rod i ever broke too Kenny hope it the last i dident like it lol