king kat rod or eagle claw water eagle

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by unclebobo, Jun 29, 2008.

1. unclebobo

unclebobo New Member

State:
    missouri
    Was looking at the cabelas website i was thinking of ordering a king kat rod or the eagle claw water eagle rod was just wanting to see what you guys would recommend.

2. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    I'd go with a Shakespeare Sturdy Stik. They are less than 20 bucks (without adding shipping) on catfish connection. I have a couple and will be getting more. I know some other guys on the site use them too.

3. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I have 2 water eagles, one spinning and one casting. I think that they are really good rods, especially for the price. I have a 10 ft heavy action and I like the look and feel of it. Paired with a good reel I would say that it should work just fine.

4. bigbengal

bigbengal New Member

State:
    WV
    I have a 13ft water eagle and it is a good rod. If you catch a fish under 15lbs you hardly know tha tyou have one on the line.

5. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Definitely go with the King Kat rods. I have two 8' two piece spinning rods, and I hauled in my PB 45 lb. flathead with one of them last year. For 25 bucks, its the best deal out there. :wink:

6. KSKatter

KSKatter New Member

State:
    Kansas
    King Kat w/o a doubt! I had a 6' mh spinning combo, best rod I ever had. very sensetive but also amazingly strong.

7. mattelmore

mattelmore New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I've had some problems w/ the Water Eagle rods - I don't use them at all anymore.

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Very interesting info. I have not used any of these rods, but these reviews will be formost in my mind as i try to select some new ones

9. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    well i dont have the ec but have owned a couple other ec's & they seemed to be good quality. I do have a 8' & 9' king kat and they make a d@# good $20 rod wish i had one to torture till it broke.....guess i coud say that about all my gear.:wink:

10. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I've got a couple Water Eagle rods that I use spairingly, they're spinning models mostly for my fiance's use. They seem alright. They can throw a 4oz sinker with a pretty decent chunk of bait but they are cheap rods so you may break one on the first cast or it could last you a lifetime. I would recommend a Berkley Big Game rod if you're looking for a cheaper rod. I've got three and caught countless fish on them including my largest catfish ever. I like my Nite Sticks better but for $20 the Big Game rods just cannot be beat.

11. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I've got a 9' water eagle casting rod. It works great. It also has 9 eyes on a 9' rod. No problems here.:wink:

12. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    Check out Cabela's Whuppin Stick. They are a few bucks more than the others, but I really like the two I have.. 8ft, cork handles, I have a Squidder on one of these and it casts great...