King Kat Pro fishing rod review

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by C_wernett, Apr 4, 2006.

1. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Well, after 3 months of use now, I have to say that my King Kat Pro rod gets a big two thumbs up! I've yet to battle anything over 20lbs, except for a limb I puled out of a stick-up that weighed probably close to 50lbs and wouldn't stop getting hung up in every other stick that was in the river! I have faith that this rod, matched with my Abu reel and 20lb test can handle anything I throw at it. I've yet to break the line on anything thanks to the rod being e-glass and forgiving! I heard a rumor that they stopped making them though...what a shame. Not to mention that it casts a mile away and isn't nearly as bulky as my buddies catmaxx rods, which are tough too by the way! I'll never give up the King untill the King gives up on me!

2. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I'm thinking about getting me a couple of them in medium action spinning 6'6" long while Cabelas has them on clearance for $19.99.

3. kat buster

kat buster New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I bought the 30$ combo from cabelas this year. I havent been able to try the rod out this year, but it seems like a reely good rod for the money. Another good rod is the ugly stick ugly cat rod for about 30$ by its self.

4. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Ive said before, that they are great rods. I have two 8 ft spinning rods that I put two Okuma EB 50 Baitrunners on. I run 40 lb. power pro on both, I have no complaints whatsoever. I used them in the river quite a few times so far this spring. :)

5. wildcatter

wildcatter New Member

State:
    Irvington, Ky
    I bought 2 of them two yrs ago. I wouldn't trade em for anything. they are great fishing rods and reels. thinkin of buyin 2 more.

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Everybody has there own thoughts on these rods...I have one and consider it not very good, it has very cheap guides on it, and the eglass is very thin..Cabelas could not get the 40 bucks out of them they wanted, they have been on sale forever.

7. nuthinlikeacat

nuthinlikeacat New Member

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    I agree with flat on this one. I have one myself and am not overly pleased with it. But hey, for $20, ya can't go wrong for the price.

8. Drum Andersen

Drum Andersen New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I used one last summer and I have to say they're not very good rods. If you're fishing for flatheads i wouldn't get one, but they're a good channel rod.

9. Slimkat

Slimkat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    They Seem To Be Good Rods, Thow I Have Not Used One.

10. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    I Have One But I'm Not Real Impressed With It.

11. Madtownangler

Madtownangler New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I got one on clearance for $20. I like the regular King Kat rods better. The one I got sent had the biggest guide bent from being shoved in the shipping tube. I'll use it on carp until it gets broken.

12. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    buddy of mine bought one and his words i knew buying a cheap rod i would get a cheap rod he was not impressed at all. he said back to something else. I checked it out myself and all i could say was aa its ok 20 bucks sure wouldnt of paid that much for one.

13. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I agree Paul! LOL.

14. BlueZeus

BlueZeus New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have an 8ft Ugly Cat Rod that I purchased at the catfish connection. Thus far I'm very pleased with it. I did pay $14.00 more for it than I would have spent on a King Kat rod. I guess it depends on what an individual can afford and the type/ size of fish you expect to catch. Just Fish and have fun!

15. kat buster

kat buster New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Has any body tried the regular king kat rods and not the king kat pro rods?

16. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    I bought a reg. 9' king kat rod and love it. its a little to soft but very strong. I pulled in a very large log last night took all i had and it didnt break:) . I might need to put a bigger reel on it:confused:

17. kyblue49

kyblue49 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I use berkley reflex rods and i really like them but i might try one.

18. catfishbeatty81

catfishbeatty81 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i use King kat pro rod and havn't had any complete yet. It works well with Shakespeare Tidewater Trolling Reel and 30lb test line.

19. Rootwad

Rootwad New Member

State:
    Platte City, MO
    Save your money and buy a Tiger!

20. wpg_catfisher

wpg_catfisher New Member

State:
    manitoba
    i've had my 8' spining setup for 5ish years and i love it to death even tho the reel died lastyear but 4.5 years on a 30$ rod and reel that cant be beat but i cant wait to get out and try my new abu 6600c4 on a 7' quantum blue water