KING KAT PREFISHING

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by smokybrown, Jan 17, 2010.

1. smokybrown

smokybrown Member

State:
    Texas
    I was wondering if anyone had any good hints, tips, tricks, or honey holes they would like to share for Lake Tawakoni. I have never fished the lake and I am fairly new to catfishing. I am entering the Cabelas King Kat tournament in Feb. for fun....so any information will be greatly appreciated. I want to prefish the lake, should I hire a guide?

2. thecatman

thecatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    tawakoni is a huge lake it would probably be best to hire a guide little d's guide service is the only guide service that guides the lake for trophy catfish year round good luck and i may just see ya out there

3. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Their is also a north texas chapter tournament thier on Feb 6 -might wanna enter it to pre fish for the cabelas one. North Texas Trophy Cats .... Alot cheaper to enter and most guys will help you learn if you ask questions

4. kodys'papa

kodys'papa New Member

State:
    texas
    fishing after the big freeze has been very good and people are catching fish from 50 feet to 5 feet
    lots of cats are being caught in waco bay and around the timber

5. divingcat

divingcat New Member

State:
    Texas
    Go with a guide is great advice. This is the easiest, and in the long-run cheapest way to learn a large lake you are not familiar with. I had stopped catfishing for years and when I decided to start again, I bit the bullet and spent the money on a guide. This was the best investment I had made in a long time. On a large lake, a person can spend days of time and lots of money on gasoline, etc. trying to learn the lake. Although I do not know a guide for the lake you are speaking of, but I am sure some of the guys on the forum can recommend a great one. Good Luck!

6. smokybrown

smokybrown Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks for all the advice so far guys! Hopefully I can make it to the tournament on the sixth. Stuck in SD working for another week or two. Dont know how these guys do it up here.....all lakes are frozen!! :)