King Kat & King Kat pro

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by kscathunter, Oct 9, 2005.

1. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    Who's got um and who likes um? I was looking at these when I bought my whuppin' stick, they seemed like they had about the same flex as the w stick but its kind of hard to tell without line on um. I just cant seem to quit buying fishing stuff. I got $20 birthday money and I see the k.k. pro rods are on sale for $19.99 it seems ment to be. :wub:

2. Abu

Abu New Member

State:
    Hemlock,Ohio
    Don't own a King Kat. Very curious about the Pro model myself for $19.99. I wonder if they are similar to the the CatMaxx from BP? Abu

3. Catman 1964

Catman 1964 New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    I own both models and you can not beat them for the price they are very good rods. I have two 9' casting models and they work great.

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Dont get the Phil King signature King cat rod from cabelas, mine broke with just a slight bend...A very poor rod.

5. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    I have a Kingcat rod. It's one made for open faces. I think it makes a good circlehook rod because of the flexable tip. If you hook a really big fish with it you might have problems. I don't think you would be able to get enough pressure on the fish. Iam talking about a fish that over 60lbs.

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I feel bad for Flathunter, I was the one that recomened the King Kat rod to him. I have only owned the reg King Kats, never the Pro's or the PHil King Series. I am very dissappointed in the Phil King Sig Series from what Flathunter told me. I even called Cabellas. They are going to take care of the problem. I am hoping to have the 2 King Kat Pros that I oredered real soon. If the Pros are just as good or better than the reg King Kats, I think $20 is a steal.

7. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    h2o so the regular king kat rods seem to hold up? I am really wanting one rather than the pro mainly because I dont like cork handels (they tear up too easy) and its white and Id like another 2pc rod.