King kat hooks

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by beakus, Dec 21, 2006.

1. beakus

beakus New Member

State:
    derby kansas
    well i got them lastnight and i'm not to impressed,if i would have known they were made by eagle claw i wouldnt have ordered them.the 10/0 will fit inside a 8/0 gamma bit the 14/0 will make a good hook for jugs and bank lines,its a beefy hook built for BIG fish with out worry of straiting out,but then what do i know.

2. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Yep! Eagle Claw is the official hook sponsor of the King Kat Trail. I have used a lot of small Eagle Claw circle hooks, 4/0 and 5/0. I like them and have had no problem. Never broke one or straightened on out.

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Whose name I will not mention,but suffice it to say it was about catfishing! This person just swears by a hook called Whiskerstickers.Anyone ever heard of em? If so whats your opinion.Also suppose to have this fluid that you place just a few drops of it on whatever you choose to use as bait, and I guess it must have a nauseating smell .to It's suppose to be so strong that it leads the bigboys right to your bait! Any thoughts or opinions!:big_smile:

4. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Whiskerstickers are alright for channels in lakes and small rivers. Other then that the wire is to small for my liking. Hate to know how many hooks I have bent unhooking a fish.

5. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Never heard of them. I'll try to find a website for them.

6. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Ok guys. Everyone is directing me to the 2006 tournament schedule. Maybe I'm a D.A., but how can I find the 2007 schedule? A link on cabela's please.

7. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
  8. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    my wife is on eagle claws web site with her very first catfish weighted in at almost 24 pounds

9. beakus

beakus New Member

State:
    derby kansas
    i think you can get the wisker hooks at walmart,i had some of them on jugs last year and lost more fish than we cought.

10. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    what do you have against eagle claws? not tryin to say your wrong for not likeing them but im just wondering why you dont like to use them. i use lazer sharps which is made by eagle claw and i dont have a problem using them. anything im missing?

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Pat the wiskerstickers hooks are small 2/0 kahle hooks. Good for small channel cats. They can be purchased at most Walmarts in small packages.Doubtful that they would holdup to larger fish.

12. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    I use the ec oct. circles about as much as gammas. Side by side they look almost identical same size wire, same gap, bent the same, just the gammas are a little sharper

13. beakus

beakus New Member

State:
    derby kansas
    jayson its not that i'm aginst eagle claw but i'm looking for a larger size hook with a smaller wire dia.than the eagles,i already had a few of them,but i dew like the kings better than the ones i have,my eagles are a dull silver as to where the kings are either nickle plated or high nickle wire nice and shinny and a little sharper.

14. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    Have you tried the eagle claw circle sea's they are probally what you are looking for the wire size is in between a oct circle and a king kat and they are the lazer sharps with a red or black finish. and they have larger sizes