King Kahles at Cabelas

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by wolfman, Aug 27, 2006.

1. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    FYI: Just found out the other day that Cabelas is now carrying a Eagle Claw 30 piece hook kit that contains 10- 8/0, 10- 9/0 and 10- 10/0 King Kahle hooks for about $20.

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks for the info but there is a catfish gear website I get mine from, you get a box of 10/0 for about $15 but the box has 50 hooks. The variety pack would be great though, I wonder if Bass pro has something like that??

3. bigcatJoe

bigcatJoe New Member

State:
    indiana
    I look for those at basspro shop and they only carry up to 5/o.

4. rocket256

rocket256 Well-Known Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Name:
    McGill
    That's good stuff. Time for a shopping spree!:tounge_out:

5. carpet1

carpet1 New Member

State:
    Ash Flat,Arkansas
    Thanks for the heads up

6. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey Bro's;
    Yea that Cabela's thing goes for something like $19.95. Of course in those sites and catalogs EVERYTHING goes for $$something.95 or $$something.99 You will never, well maybe never, but RARELY see anything for a flat $20.00 or $100.00 ect.
    I have a friend that is one of the "wheels'' at Cabela's and I ask him about this back in the early "90's" one time.
    Here is what he said.
    He said, "Dick and Jim [Cabela] had their marketing people conduct a study about that very same subject. They spent $150,000.00 yes, One Hundred Fifty Thousand dollars!!! and this study showed that people were much more likely to buy something marked say $$$.95 or $$$.99 than if it was rounded off to the next higher full number OR, {get this} even rounded down to the next lower full number!!! Say something on one isle goes for $19.95 and the next isle goes for $20.00 and the last isle goes for $19.00. The study showed that the sale was most likely to come from the $19.95 isle!!!"
    Of course I allowed to my friend as to how that marketing firm never contacted me! I won't print what he said about that! :roll_eyes: :smile2: :big_smile: :lol: It was something to do about being thankful I was in a minority!
    Anyway, apparently this is something that company after company has had done and it's always about the same in results. Ya know, those results in themselves could be a study in itself too!! :lol: LOL
    Anyway, I almost bought that kit from Cabela's but found a better deal at Catfish Connection. But for those folks wanting some of the smaller hooks for Channels, or other such reason it's still a good buy and you get the "free" plastic carrying case too!
    O.K., I'm having too much fun here so I better close before I get in trouble!
    Ya All Take Care,
    Fraternally and Cordially,
    Coyote1
    [[[[End of Post]]]]]