KING KAELS

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by slikk03, Aug 18, 2008.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    LOVE THEM , U CANT BEAT THEM , IVE USE CIRCALS, BUT THEY ALWAYS COME OFF MID FIGHT, THEM KAELS WONT COME OUT, I SWORE BY GAMAS BUT WE RUNNING CLIKERS THE HOOK DONT PIVET IN THE MOUTHRIGHT, BUT KAELS HAVE ALL ADAVATEGES OVER CIRCALS, BUT THEY MUST BE BIG,I CANT SPELL, I FAILD SPELLING, WELL I COULD IF I THOUGHT ABOUT IT , BUT I DONT CARE,LOL

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    For LIVE bait, the king kahles are THE way to go, due to their longer shank. Speaking of the "pivot", I was using Gama Octopus circles last night with live bait, and had two hits resulting in the circle pivoting and turning back into the bait rather than a hookup. Quite simply, for cut bait, Gama Octopus circles,and for live bait, king kahles.
    Bill in SC

3. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    The Gama Circles left me in doubt. I had several hookups that resulted in the fish getting off mid fight and I rarely ever have that problem with J hooks. I am wondering if the problem is that the point gets stuck on the jaw bone rather than around it, and the first good role that the fish gives results in the fish getting off.

4. Ghosth

Ghosth New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    Bought some Kahles yesterday and used them today.

I have to say that I like them. I caught 2, both hooked nicely in the corner of the cats mouth. They handle a nice slab of cut bait.

5. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <The Gama Circles left me in doubt.>

There is NO doubt using the Gamakatsu Octopus circles with cut bait. My hookup/landing ratio on legitimate hits is well over 90&#37; since I started using these hooks. I NEVER have had one single hook come out before landing the fish. I like them so much, that I even use them for live bait, though I do OCCASSIONALLY get the "hits resulting in the circle pivoting and turning back into the bait rather than a hookup." From what I have experienced, the Gamakatsu 8.0 Octopus circles are the best upgrade possible for our river fishin'. Can't imagine any doubt with these vastly superior hooks. That being said, I do still endorse king kahles for live bait. I'm just too lazy to change back and forth, so I use the circles exclusively. I'm sure I will eventually get me a box of the 10.0 Eagle Claw king kahles to fish live bait with.
    Bill in SC

6. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    We use the King Kahles in 9/0 & 10/0 ......they are one massive hook, for live baits and cut baits and work almost like a circle hook in that the fish usually hook themselves. You just dont get as many misses using the kahles as the circles!!!JMHO:big_smile:

7. BassinWv

BassinWv New Member

State:
    WV
    I like the kahles better than the circles myself because i have had more hook ups with then.

8. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    its a pretty safe bet that if its pulling drag its hooked and aint coming off, if not i make shure its hooked, once im pretty shure the hook is were its supposed to be ill either pump the rod not jerk or give the reel a couple quick turns to load the rod better.

kahles and me just dont get along ive tried them several times without a hook up so someone else will have to use them.

9. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    Thanks, been thinking about the Kahles myself lately. May have to put them to the test.:wink:

10. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    I look at it this way. Try the kahles and the circles. Experiment with different sizes. See which one works best for your own style of fishing. I know several experienced, successful fishermen. Some swear by the Gama circles and some swear by the king kahles. I used kahles for years and did well but was after smaller eater sized cats and I used nothing larger than 4/0. When I moved my style to hunting larger fish the kahles let me down. Lots of missed and lost fish. However I was still using the 4/0 hooks. I could not find any bigger kahles but could find the 8/0 Gamas and 7/0 Daichi circles. I switched to the circles and after a short learning curve I now boat probably 95&#37; of the fish that bend my rod. I have since found a source for the big kahles but none of them are as sharp out of the box as the circle hooks I use.
    I don't mind touching up a hook while fishing but I hate to have to sharpen a brand new expensive hook.