Kindergarten 101 - How to play nice

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by TDawgNOk, Aug 9, 2006.

1. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Don't know if its just me, or if others feel the same way but the BOC has been crazy lately. Everyone wants to have things THEIR way. People trying to force others to believe the way they do instead of embracing the differance of opinion and enjoying each others ideas and opinions.

A link that everyone should check out and pay attention to:

Very Important

Take the time to read it and familiarize yourselves with it.

ALSO. Lets remember the BASIS of the board is B - R - O - T - H - E - R - H - O - O - D not how many people can I bash

2. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    I believe that it is the responsibility of each member to strive to keep the BOC a model of respect and dignity. While having fun is an important part of our lives, it is equally important to do so responsibly.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I agree,it seems like some people don't understand the BROTHERHOOD!!!

4. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'm wondering of the 7600+ members, how many have actually read the FAQ...
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Truth is that which, when ignored, does not go away.

5. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    We have to understand that brothers don't always get along and that's OK. It's how we handle our differences that make us a Brotherhood.

6. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    Have things gotten to the point where we need to have read an FAQ in order to get along?

I used to think that, while the FAQ's and rules were important to have in a community, we really didn't NEED them in order to function and interact.

Just goes to show that you can be just as naive at 40 as at any other age.
    :sad2:

7. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Funny, we shouldn't have to have rules to get along and actually if your just following rules you probably aren't a REAL brother. Real brothers are brothers at heart not of rules.

8. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    according to some members, we aren't 'brothers'. Maybe that is a large part of the issue.

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I agree with that one 100%

10. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Ya, you will find that in everything. But I know there is a lot of REAL brothers here and thanks for being so.

11. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Real brotherhood begins with respect. That respect is for oneself, for others, for the feelings of others, and for the rules of the site.

If there is NO respect, there can be NO brotherhood.

I have had many many disagreements with sal_jr. However, at ALL times, we stayed friends, and never did we bash each other. From our disagreements, I have come to respect him all the more for his differance of opinion.

12. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    A brotherhood is just that, but the rules have to apply to everyone not just a few, and respect is something you must earn with me I don't just respect someone because. I will give everyone a chance then it is up to them, I try to treat everyone the way I want to be teated and again then it is up to them.

13. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    This is way it out to be but in most cases this is not always followed and I think we all realize this. We are human and have weaknesses. I have been on both sides. Your right on about earning respect. We just can't give it blindly.

14. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    It's getting late!!!

15. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
  16. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY

17. BamaCats Lady

BamaCats Lady New Member

State:
    Luverne, Alabama
    Tony, I have to agree. It saddens me to think that the concept of BROTHERHOOD(SISTERHOOD) is lost on some people, but I have to agree with what someone else said in another post about families, brothers & sisters don't always get along. However I think we can all try our best to get alongand do as cattinfever999 suggested, if you don't like what you see, move on. don't get involved in a conflict. It doesn't do anyone any good. Remember Paul can pull the plug on this site anytime he wants too... then where would we all be?
    Lisa

18. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Great thread Tony, Rep points to ya.

Like I have said before, if you are not happy here, you are not gonna be happy anywhere. I dont care if you have been here since day 1, if you can't get along and respect others then why are you here?? I love this place, and love it's people. That is why I am here.

19. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have been a member of several fishing forums in the past, And I agree, if you cant get along here, you cant get along anywhere.

20. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Same here, this is the place to be. There is no other place near as good as the BOC, that's a fact.