Kinda ticked off.

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by tomcat85, Aug 13, 2006.

1. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    so me and my buddy went fishing the other night around 630. we were fishing under a bridge which is usually a decent spot. no one with boats really bothers us there. well that night there were boats everywhere going right over my line and then they would stop and overcast my line and his. man i was ticked. now i understand that not all guys that have boats do this. but these guys should have shown a little respect dont you think?

2. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    probly so , but not every one shows respect to other fishermen , but i will say here latly iv got more on the ohio river at madison indiana than i used to , id like to think its from posting on this site

3. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Tom, there have been several posts about discourteous boaters :crazy: The unfortunate reality of our world today is the pervasive lack of courtesy & respect everywhere. 'Bout the best that we can do is bite our tongues and show respect to others, even when then don't deserve it. For the really bad cases, report them if you can.

4. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    yessir i did hold my tongue. i wasnt really mad just irritated. im not one that likes to start confrontations just thought id vent a little bit lol.

5. Gabowman

Gabowman Member

State:
    Georgia
    On my local lake at night seems the bass fishing clubs are always out on weekends. They seem to be one after another fishing the riprap around the bridges and they are the only "important" fishermen out there. For the life of me I cant see how people can be so un-courteous and it doesnt seem to bother them. The best thing to do is bite your upper lip since you are out there to enjoy yourself. Auguing will only spoil what can be a decent trip.

BTW, that, and overcrowding, is the exact reason I dont fish under bridges anymore.

6. amatuer cat catcher

amatuer cat catcher New Member

State:
    NC
    disrespectfull fishermen make me mad in boats or not i mean anyone who will kill a fish for no reason needs to get locked up

7. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I sometimes tend to just pretend that they arent even there and if they get hit with my three ounce sinker then oops.... didnt see ya there buddy....lol.... cause if they act like they dont see me then i dont see them... but i never say a word.... But i guess the best thing to do is to pick a fight with you amaginary friend... tell the boater you need help cause the invisable guy is trying to kill you.... im sure they would warn the other boaters to stay away from you for the rest of the night....lol

8. CBH

CBH New Member

State:
    WV
    Unfortunately, I've seen bank fishermen act terrible too! Just the other night, me and a buddy were fishing near a public boat ramp and there was some guy with his girlfriend/wife fishing right off the dock at the boat ramp. He had his lines right in front of the ramp, and every time a boat would come in or out, he would just cuss and raise heck because the boaters would get in his lines!! I was hoping that one of the boaters would get out and knock the he## out of him, but before it happened he pulled up and left! It was a nice peaceful evening after that.

9. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    i dont have a problem with other boater i have a problem with local bardge pilots there is one that works on a refeuling bardge, he gets a kick out of seeing how high he can make a boat bounce.

10. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    With that many fishermen sounds like a good spot, where is it:lol:

11. possum398

possum398 New Member

State:
    Columbus, MS
    I have trouble with all the bass fishermen. They always fly everywhere, and never respect other people fishing. I even had one get mad at me because his trolling motor blew up. He came so close that it got caught up in my lines.

12. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Shame on you.You just have no respect for your better man.He,he!peewee-williams

13. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    Ive had the same problem some people just dont show any respect you dont mess with a mans fishin spot.

14. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    I only have a problem with other fishermen who catagorize all bassfishermen the same.

15. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    How come I never have these bass fishermen problems?
    Most of the problems I have somehow come from catfishermen from wading through their piles of garbage and half charred trash and baitcups to thousands of abandoned limblines littering every tree along the river.:angry:
    Its a crying shame.

16. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    what you do to fix this problem is take a six ounce weight and cast it at there boat a few times and they will leave...(most of the time, or come ashore and wanna scrap...) either way it's all good you get to get your frustrations out....lol......i give this advice from expierence.......hehehehe:tounge_out:

17. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    My wite asks me in 5 years will it matter:big_smile:

18. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    Next time they come around, start yelling out questions like: "DOING ANY GOOD BUDDY?" When the reply, say "WHAT." Keep saying "DO WHAT." They'll do their best to avoid you next time.

Also, I'm a bass fisherman, cat fisherman, shark fisherman, and whatever else, but I don't act any different when I'm bass fishing.

19. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Go fish some public waters in Alaska. If you ever wanna learn to deal with total disrespect for your total man... that's the place to see it.

Fortunately for me, I set the hook with all the brute force that I can muster. After everybody saw me send that 4 oz. sinker flying a few times, they gave me some space. While fishing the Russian river, it was so crowded, that there would be people about every 10-12 feet along both sides of the river, which is only about 15 feet wide. It was crazy.

After experiencing that, I can pretty much handle anything that people throw at me around here. I just don't get ruffled much after fishing around those crazy alaskans.

20. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    It is frustrating, but unfortunatley it happens all the time, and the people don't seem to care.