Kinda Slow around here!

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Marcos, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Marcos

Marcos New Member

State:
    Texas
    Must be hunting season! :004: Wait it's one of those stripers with feathers overhead.

Hi All! I haven't been fishin in a few weeks been shooting at the flying stripers. Hope everyones well! I have just started taking my boy hunting me this year so it been fun! Kinda neat seeing the little ones growing up when you think about it! I must be getting old :cry:

2. BigOBear

BigOBear New Member

State:
    TX
    Heya Marcos. Headed down to Choke for the weekend in a bit. My oldest has worked all summer and into the school year. He didn't get to go on any of the camping/fishing trips so we finally fanangled a weekend off for him. Just the two of us... other four visiting their mom. We'll fish out butts off and come away happy one way or the other :) Yall have a great weekend.

3. fishinhole

fishinhole New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Good for you!! to many folks don't get the younguns outside anymore. I sure am glad my dad was willing and able to go hunting and fishing with me!! Have a Great Weekend!

4. Wac M Trac M

Wac M Trac M New Member

State:
    Texas
    Yup I switched gears already. Been shooting the bow alot. Got 6 stands set up and ready to go. I'm done with the doves. I'm ready for some deer now.

Went hog hunting a few nights ago.

A group of 6 came in. Only 3 made it out alive by the time they figured out it was best to run. My mathews drenalin is so quite they are qlueless.

Attached Files:

5. Marcos

Marcos New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks All!
    Good lick on the Choke trip this weekend! I really like Choke it a neat lake!

Nice hogs Frank! They'll make a great BBQ!

I need to get ou to the range to verify that I'm zeroed in. I went out to shoot some round with the pistol yesterday with my brother. He rented an MP5 & 243 machine gun of some type there. It was funny shooting them and watching him shoot them. Must do again but not to often cause it gets kind of expensive renting them.

6. BigOBear

BigOBear New Member

State:
    TX
    Bait fishing was a bit slow for us. Didn't catch much worth bragging about but had a great time with him. He really enjoyed finally getting some time off and getting to fish. Here's a vid of a gar we caught while catching our bait yesterday: http://picasaweb.google.com/BigOBear/ChokeCanyonMovies?authkey=fUzr_WabP6A#5248552724643990466

We caught one channel cat that looked like he'd been through a war. He had a hunk bit out of his back about the size of a quarter and half his tail was gone. It was still a bit bloody... guess it was quite recent that he escaped hehe.

Caught another gar last night on the rods but deleted the picture part of the camera on accident :embarassed:

One of the set hooks was straightened out pretty good. 9/0 hook opened up nearly 45 degrees. Reckon there's one pissed off alligator down there right about now.

Catch yall later... have a great rest of the weekend!

7. Marcos

Marcos New Member

State:
    Texas
    Cool Video Jimmy! Glad to hear you had a good time! I need to go back out to choke.

8. raybait1

raybait1 New Member

State:
    SE Texas
    I have to agree with BigO the bait fishing has been terrible. Ive had to use carp for the last month. Though the carp is working, its not my favorite bait.