kincaid lake myrfresboro

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by stump jumper, May 1, 2008.

1. stump jumper

stump jumper New Member

State:
    illinois
    have a company bass tourny saturday i know last minute dose any one have any bass pointers they wouldent mind handing down to me"please":confused2:

2. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I heard bass makes good bait. LOL.

I'd try throwing out some buzz baits to try and locate them in a timely manner. I don't know anything about that lake, so I am no help really. Sorry mate.

3. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Man I seen this answered somewhere else, LOL...... It depends on the water right now, but in the past on some other bass tourneys we have fished there I would suggest, working the points with a medium running crankbait (3-5') in fire tiger and the rock areas with same and 3/8th oz chrome and blue or chrome and black rattle trap.... I would guess that the water will be "stained" at best Just my $0.005 thought on it, sorry can't give the entire $0.02 worth, have to save for fuel! :wink:

4. bigmac782

bigmac782 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Something you might try is locating shallow water, 3-4ft, with points near deeper water dropoffs. Find any kind of cover in the shallow water. I have had luck with plastic worms and double bladed spinnerbaits, might even try a shallow or mid depth crankbait. In my experiences I have found slowing down the bait when water is cooler tends to help.