Kimbo on TUF

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by BowieKnife357, Oct 1, 2009.

1. BowieKnife357

BowieKnife357 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    He fought for the first time tonight, any yall watch it?

2. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    did not watch it but heard he lost ...Second round tko

3. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    that was a horrible fight. i've seen little kids go at it better than both of those guys. for all the hype they put into promoting this fight it was a big disappointment. Kimbo on his back has absolutely no ground skills at all. nelson just laid on him and crucifixed his arms twice and gave him the most lack luster punches ever til the ref stopped it cause slice wasn't doing anything. i was emberassed for both of them actually.

4. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Fight sucked. He needs to learn a ground game:wink:

5. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    It was a horrible stoppage!!!! my kid could have took the punches that Nelson was throwing!!!:angry:........ If Kimbo went out there throwing BOMBS and looking for the shoot he would have overwelmed Nelson....tell you the truth...they both looked a bit nerveous.

6. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    LOL You ever see a turtle fight on his back:smile2:Aint going to happen ..Kimbo ..is ...was and will alway's be a nutting more than a youtube bum!!

7. FLATHEAD STEVE

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA

He is a very quick learner bro!!.... you get in a boxing camp for two months soaking up everything you learn and you will still be a bum...And not even a YOUTUBE star.....Cmon!! the guy has all the potential in the world and is humble about learning the sport in and out... He is currently training at AMERICAN TOP TEAM for the ground game! No BUM goes to that camp if they think that you are nothing more than a youtube bum!!..
    Give the guy a chance!! He's new to thi $hit and in my opinion he's doing pretty damn good for his knowledge of the sport! :angry:

8. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Steve you got a point there ...But i think it's all hype ......he can and will MAKE lot's of money for his PROMETER ,,but i really don't think he'll every be a contender .

9. FLATHEAD STEVE

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    It's unforseen now but do you really think any of the heavyweights from the last heavyweight season could have beat him if he didn't have 10 videos out on his style of fighting????....He is/was the only fighter that was under a microscope besides Roy Nelson....Who happens to be a former champion. And a guy that beat Frank Mir TWICE at the Grappler Quest Nationals........................................Roy should have been in UFC a long time ago!! Danna just doesn 't like fat people! LOL!

10. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    I love that Kimbo! :smile2:

11. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Kimbo...whata joke........

I'm not impressed with the intimidating looking type folks. He shouldn't have even been in that ring yet.

They are just pushing for ratings. You can tell Dana likes Kimbo and don't like Roy, and you can bet Dana will bring Kimbo back in this thing before its all over.

This burns my a$$ because people have got back in, BUT BECAUSE they fought good during a loss....Kimbo will come back even thought he didn't do squat in that ring..

12. BowieKnife357

BowieKnife357 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Not nearly as exciting of a fight as I was hoping for. Kimbo has nothing on the ground, and horrible take down defense. But at least he knows/admits that. My opinion of Kimbo goes back and forth, I think Dana wants him in the UFC, but I don't think he'd be much of a crowd draw once the new wore off and he got plowed over by a few guys that have been around for awhile. He's a good striker, got alot of power, but like we saw, not hard to take him down, and on the ground he just doesn't know what to do. I think he might be a little too set in his ways to learn enough kickboxing/wrestling/bjj to be competitive in MMA. He might be a quick learner, but I don't see how he could ever compete with someone that's been doing it their whole life. Even though he lost I have a feeling he finds his way back in somehow.

13. Brandon829

Brandon829 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Nelson is a chump who did just enought to win without getting hurt.

14. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Kimbo will fight in the UFC. Dana White will throw him in with other hand picked strikers to give the UFC fans something to cheer. He will win a few fights and most likely lose a couple nothing more or less.

15. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    That was most def. not a typical kimbo fight. He threw like 5 punches the whole fight. Finally when Roy got him on the ground, he put his fat belly on kimbos face and he couldn't do anything. My girlfriend throws harder punches then the ones Roy was throwing at kimbo. I dont know why Rampage didnt tell kimbo to throw the hail marrys. He would have EASILY knocked Roy out. You could tell that Roy was shook after the one punch that kimbo landed but then he fell on kimbo and regained his composure to beat him on the ground. I was SO p#ssed off at that fight. Now Roy is on a high thinking he can beat anyone. I can't stand Roy Nelson, even before TUF.

16. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    I used to bash kimbo as much as dana did. I said since the first time he stepped in the cage that he didn't belong there. I have a new found respect for kimbo, the guy's is humble and is hungry to learn because he know's he can only stand and bang. His striking as everyone knows is out of this world for a guy his size head and body movement is good and he works his a$$ off day in and day out. Roy nelson wasn't hitting him with any hard shots he was just playin patty cake with his forehead but kimbo couldn't do anything so I see why they stopped it. If he could just learn a little takedown defense and BJJ he'd be a contender but from what I saw last night he's the same kimbo that lost to seth petruzelli. kimbo should have rushed him stayed on him and thrown them big bombs that he's know for. This fight wasn't as bad as the 2nd fight of the season. Wes Shivers was out of gas 45 seconds into the round and so was james mcsweeney. they sat there with their hands on their hips bent over. it was aweful.

17. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    :smile2:and I loved rampage's kimbo hair cut. :smile2:

18. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    almost forgot. . . . :angry::angry::angry: I HATE RASHAD EVANS :angry::angry::angry: I HATE HIM MORE THAN IRAQI'S, I HATE HIM MORE THAN THIEVES, I HATE HIM MORE THAN A LIER. DIE RASHAD!!!! The 3rd happiest moment in my life was when Machida knocked him out. I HATE RASHAD EVANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry: I CAN'T PUT ANYMORE ANGRY FACES BUT I'M ANGRY!!!

19. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Well I'm no fan of Roy but if ya'll watched all the interviews that came out before the fight , Roy did exactly what he said he would do...put him in a crucifix and win the fight. He even pre-said that it wont take any hard hits and that the rules are stated : If you can not intelligently defend yourself the fight will stop...Well, like him or not, that's exactly what he did. Why should he get his face bashed in to make the fans happy ?? I sure wouldn't ; )

Kimbo did worse than just not having ground skills...he didn't try AT ALL once down......he didn't even buck his hips...nothing. He may turn out ok one day but you better bet he is getting more help and attention than any other person has because of the hype on him. I think there are better fighters out there that deserve this shot.

The dude lost but he will be back...that just aint right.

20. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    there has not been one heavyweight so far that was impressive at all on the show. hope some of these other fellas have some skills to show soon.