Killin' Green & Grindin' Geese

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by Quackcephus, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Quackcephus

Quackcephus New Member

State:
    TX
    We had the opportunity to hunt with Glenn Foreman, President & CEO of Mud Buddy Backwater Motors at his little piece of heaven out West in the mountains. The temps never reached above 25 degrees during our 3 day duck and goose hunt. The temps got down as low as the negative single digits with the winds reaching up to 35+ mph. It was a lot different conditions than we're used to, but nonetheless we had a BLAST!!!

On day 1 we did a midmorning Mallard shoot... 34 Greenheads & 1 Sprig... all drakes. On day 2 we did a midday duck & goose hunt... 30 ducks, 25 Mallards & 5 Sprigs... all drakes with 16 Greater Canada Geese. On day 3 we did an afternoon duck & goose hunt... 35 Mallards with 14 Greater & 2 Lesser Canada geese.

Attached Files:

2. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    nice hunting looks as you did pretty well

3. river_runner_85

river_runner_85 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Congrats on the great on hunt. Looks like you all had a blast.:big_smile:

4. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    Holy Smokes! How did you luck into that? I have been hitting the Ohio River here in KY and it has been alright when I can get out. I would love to have a small mudbuddy to go on my duckhunter boat I am planning on making maybe this summer:big_smile:.
    Congrats on the whackin'!

Bill

5. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Wow, A hunt of a lifetime. Congrats:big_smile:

6. jdward

jdward New Member

State:
    Memphis, TN
    Congrats on a great hunt and some mighty fine shooting! Its not too often you can get a bunch of guys together and not have at least one susie killer in the bunch:wink:! Again, congrats on a hunt of a lifetime!

7. Quackcephus

Quackcephus New Member

State:
    TX
    Thanks for the comments & thank you's :wink:

8. Quackcephus

Quackcephus New Member

State:
    TX
    This is a well seasoned group of guys, some of which I duck hunt with quite a bit & we cut down on the Susies. :cool2: