Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I buddy of mine just call me and he pick up a flyer today where some guy name dave on May 29 & 30 is holding flathead round-up tournament. They will kill all fish that comes in the goal is the catch as many and the biggest weight. This is on the hole susquehanna from the way it reads and all fish will be checked in just below the conawingo dam at some park there. Anybody hear anything about this?

·
Registered
627 Posts
I buddy of mine just call me and he pick up a flyer today where some guy name dave on May 29 & 30 is holding flathead round-up tournament. They will kill all fish that comes in the goal is the catch as many and the biggest weight. This is on the hole susquehanna from the way it reads and all fish will be checked in just below the conawingo dam at some park there. Anybody hear anything about this?

hahah. Just one more attempt that Bass Boys are going to take to get rid of the flathead population! Come on now, let them go!!!

·
Banned
750 Posts
such a tournament would be illegal without a permit. That is probably why they would have the weigh in located in Maryland. If I can find any info at all I will call and report it to both PA fish commish and Md DNR it might be legal in MD but I dont know about PA

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
such a tournament would be illegal without a permit. That is probably why they would have the weigh in located in Maryland. If I can find any info at all I will call and report it to both PA fish commish and Md DNR it might be legal in MD but I dont know about PA
thing is there is no limit on flathead so that can keep all they like and just drive down to the tournament then.

But I think it is illegal to move flatheads into the state of maryland i am checking on that now if so then who would uphold the law if maryland dnr is behind it

This just really sucks. maybe we need a bass tournament that day where you bring in your limit and we kill them right there at the ramp so these guys can see

·
Floyd
4,927 Posts
There have been alot of big flatties caught during the day time . This has to be the dumbest shit I have heard of as tournament rules go . I am sending an email to both states dnr not that it will matter much with me being out of state . Someone should make a flyer for a bass tournament of the same rules .... They would freak out then I catch bass every now and then and due to my state rules I dont use them for bait , but from now on all the ones I catch with in legal limits will be ate or gave to the wifes cats ....:Mad:

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm thinking a bass guy would most likely have no idea how to catch a flathead, where to find one, and even have the right equipment. Besides I thought bass fisherman were afraid of the dark? Unless they are dumb enough to hold it during the day.
We hold a few tournament on the susquehann for catfish yes don't think you would catch flatheads in the day time. I have saw many of them up to 25 lbs come to weigh in from a 7am to 4pm tournament. Just like they only like frsh bait if they are eatting anything gone . I have had may on old shad every chicken liver when after channel cats.

a bass tournament where everyone bring in there 5 fish limit and we have a fish fry afterwards that will get them going

·
Registered
716 Posts
I'm thinking a bass guy would most likely have no idea how to catch a flathead, where to find one, and even have the right equipment. Besides I thought bass fisherman were afraid of the dark? Unless they are dumb enough to hold it during the day.

dude, you took the words right out of my mouth. As much as bass, catfishmerman, and every other fisherman scream about conserving the fisherie, these ass holes are going to kill off a trophy fish species. But, i imagine that they wont be too successful. The avid catfisherman knows better than to partake in something like this except maybe a few that just care about the money, and the bass guys aren't going to know what the hell to do. There's gonna be a bunch of nitro, stratus, etc. boats out there and there going to throw a piece of friggen cheese on a hook and hold the pole expecting to catch a pig. I would seriously love to watch.

·
Banned
10,335 Posts
I will make sure I used each and every legal smallmouth and largemouth bass I catch this year just out of spite.:messed:

And yes, they are dumb enough to hold it during the day time.

Getting rid of smaller fish that compete with the big boys for food is not a bad thing at all. It's called BIOMASS.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I will make sure I used each and every legal smallmouth and largemouth bass I catch this year just out of spite.:messed:

And yes, they are dumb enough to hold it during the day time.

Getting rid of smaller fish that compete with the big boys for food is not a bad thing at all. It's called BIOMASS.

there's no need to kill off the bass population either b/c that wont do anything but more harm. But they need to get put in check a different way. Like, the winner gets $500 and after he kills the fish, he gets his ass beat. Sounds like a win/win to me.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.