Kill Switch???

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Pipe Rat, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Pipe Rat

Pipe Rat Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Just wondering how many of you use kill switches? This isn't boat related but I feel it is worth mentioning. We had a friendly little gathering today at a friends house running our mud trucks through the pit. I finally talked my wife into driving, we went roaring through the pit and when we got to the other side the throttle stuck wide open:eek:oooh: and we couldn't stop. It was in a small field with not alot of room and we were Damn lucky. A family of three barely got out of our way. She'sturning the wheel, and stomping on the brakes while I am frantically trying to get ahold of the ignition switch or shift lever in that bouncing SOB:eek:oooh: Mind you I have a four door jacked up truck with seven people inside, three of them were children. We ended up across the field in the trees before I got it shut down. Moral of the story is it can happen so fast, bad things can happen before you can react. There will be a kill switch in my truck (and boat) before it ever runs again. You may want to think about this with your boats too fellas.

2. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    my boat has one from the factory .. i really need one in my truck also but i just never got around to it...:eek:oooh:

3. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Every boat is to have one, and it is to be attached with the "Dead man" line, they write ya a ticket in a sec over here if you get stopped and the "dead man" line is not hooked up. That's why them "D" rings are on all PFD's

Good to hear no one was injured and all went well, I'll bet it was a scary ride for a sec or two!

4. river_runner_85

river_runner_85 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Missouri
    We try to use ours regularly. You never know what is going to happen when you are out on the water.

5. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    here in Alabama it will cost you a whopping 250.00 bucks if your cought without it hook onto your PFD

6. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Glad no one was hurt.I try to wear my as much as possible.

7. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    I have one on my boat and have never used it, I didn't know I could get a ticket for not using it though. The only time it came into play was when I was out on the river with Randy and Harold and accidentally hit it and the motor wouldn't start.....Kinda scary, I was looking around to see if Willie was somewhere around. :wink:

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Mu boat has one and I use it. Safety first.