Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Kill or no kill?

• Wolf

• Deer

• Human

Kill or no kill?

4K views 51 replies 27 participants last post by  oh no 
#1 ·
#1 Would you kill a "wolf" because you didnt like them?

#2 Would you kill a "deer" because you didnt like them?

#3 Would you kill a "human" because you didnt like them?

I ask these questions in light of that I may have offended the gods and would like to research the opions of the breathren before thanking folks on posts that might cramp there rank.

#4 ·
Ain't gonna contribute my % pts. A mute, irrelevant poll. Might as well ask if you are going to kill a mosquito. I will kill any and all of the above when conditions warrant it or become necessary for my wellbeing or the well being of those I am caring for, be it human or animal, vegetable or meat.

It has absolutely noting to do with weather I like them or dislike them. Each and all have their place in any given moment in time. Some times for some are different than for others.

#5 ·
#1 Would you kill a "wolf" because you didnt like them?

#2 Would you kill a "deer" because you didnt like them?

#3 Would you kill a "human" because you didnt like them?

I ask these questions in light of that I may have offended the gods and would like to research the opions of the breathren before thanking folks on posts that might cramp there rank.
That's funny, I got a PM from one of those guys.....I didn't even say anything derogatory to/about him, but he felt compelled to send me a message saying he was putting me on his ignore list. That to me is Hilarious!! WHAH!!!

#7 ·
I aint voting on it ,Mike cause I wouldn't kill any of them 'because I didn't like them' I would kill a deer to eat it ,a wolf to protect my livestock ,or to harvest the fur. I would definately kill a human to protect me and mine any time.

#8 ·
I aint voting on it ,Mike cause I wouldn't kill any of them 'because I didn't like them' I would kill a deer to eat it ,a wolf to protect my livestock ,or to harvest the fur. I would definately kill a human to protect me and mine any time.
No problems with that at all Richard. But to say they should not exist at all, Theres only one god that I know of and he wouldnt say that. Like I say to make a post and cry at the responses. :cry::cry::cry:

#9 ·
No problems with that at all Richard. But to say they should not exist at all, Theres only one god that I know of and he wouldnt say that. Like I say to make a post and cry at the responses. :cry::cry::cry:
Hey! That sounds like a personal attack! :angry:

MOM!! DAD!!! They are pickin' on me!!! :embarassed::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

#14 ·
Mike, I didnt vote the poll coz its, as you know, not that cut and dried. I find value in everyones response to your thread and pretty much agree with those that posted before me. I wouldnt put down any critter (2 or 4 legged) for fun or shear dislike, but as food, as a threat, or out of being humane, is another story all together. In alot of aspects I can respect a wolf, coyote, big cat, or bear, more than most humans, at least I know what motivates a non human preditor.

#16 ·
kill a wolf in sel defense, im not gonna be sittin there goin "that wolf really pisses me off!!.. BANG

kill a deer for the meat, no one sits in a deer stand goin "what is that deer's problem? screw you deer!! BANG

kill a human ONLY if your life is on the line as well.. meaning that its either yours or theirs in the sense of self defense

#21 ·
JW summed it up. A threat to you or your family it's gone. To me that includes lively hood. The way you feed your family. If I'm a rancher and it threatens the income that feeds my family, no question it's terminated. If a critter was taking a chunk of your paycheck each week how long would it take you to stop it? Sometimes it ain't pretty or socially popular but it's reality.

We have to remember just where we are in the food chain.

#22 ·
there is a differance between killing and slaughtering.it is inhuman to poison or to kill in mass numbers just for the HELL of it. the wolf is on the indangered species list ,so is alot of other animals lets kill them too. i was raise between parents and both sides hunted, BUT niether side killed just for the hell of it. if we killed it it got eating.

#23 ·
wolves are protected here. never seen one. but coyotes are thick. i would kill a few to thin the heards yes. last season 5 deer shot by hunters were 100% consumed by morning. so i would kill a few for that reason. but i need a reason. i dont kill just cause there there.

a deer. thats 50+ lbs of meat. so ya. i kill them yearly. and eat them. if i hit them in a vehicle i pick em up. so ya. leave one lay. why heck no. i had venison steak for supper tonight.:wink: seriously.

human. if hes threatening me or my family. in a heartbeat.:wink: im a liscened gun owner. and will use them.

i even kill catfish all the time to eat. however taboo it may be.

i kill for selfpreservation. plain and simple. only thing i kill because its there are bugs in my home. wrong place wrong time. in the past two years when ive went to the neighborers home on request 3 times to remove a bat that has entered there house. i catch them and release them unharmed outside.

JMO but if i read a stupid thread i just go elsewhere. :wink: hahaha! some cant resisit to type though.:wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.