"Kill Em With Kindness" Shortbread Lemon Squares

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by sal_jr, Jan 22, 2007.

1. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Base:

3/4 C Butter
    1/4 C Sugar
    1/2 C chopped Walnuts
    2 C all purpose Flour

(OPTION: Omit walnuts and use a bit (2tbsp) of lemon zest instead. it makes the lemon topping "pop" with flavor)

Cream butter and sugar, slowly add flour, then slowly add walnuts. drop into unbuttered 8x8 or 9x9 baking pan, spread the mixture gently to all sides and press mixture down very lightly. Bake at 350 for 22-25 minutes. It should be set and not glossy. If not, add 3 minutes till it looks dull. Dont brown it.

Topping

2 eggs
    1 cup sugar
    3 tbsp lemon juice
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    1/4 tsp salt

mix all ingrdients in a mixer on medium-high to high for 3 minutes. It will look fluffy and aereated. Pour over hot base and bake at 350 for 25 minutes and not a minute less. (It will look done earlier, but trust me)

Cool THOROUGHLY and THEN cut.

These sonovaguns are VERY BAD FOR YOU. cut them in 1 inch by 1 inch squares to slow you down as you eat them... chances are you will finish half the pan before you realize you just ate more than a third of a cup of butter... plus all that other stuff.

I say "Kill em with kindness" cause these are a great way to send someone a "thank you" for something nice they did with a special "screw you" tossed in especially for their arteries in the future. :crazy: I made em for my boss this weekend. :cool2: LOL

Enjoy.

-Sal_jr

2. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Thanks for the recipe. This one looks simple enough - even I could make it :big_smile:

3. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Yeah, it is really easy. You will find that when you have made and tried them once, you will scoff at how simple it is to make and then hate yourself forever, for having made them and tasted their simplified deliciousness.

I have to apologise to you... you have helped me with the diet thing and as a result, I sure dont want to be the one responsible for your future decline in health. I dont want to be held to account when they discover you in a dark city alley, face covered in shortbread crumbs and cheeks sticky with lemony goo.... and you being totally unrecognizable after gaining 400 pounds while consuming batch after batch of this; the official cookie of the bitter and chubby dark-angel of obesity. :tounge_out:

ROTFL

4. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Sal, you may be SLEEPIN' with the fishes soon, instead of just on the bank or in the boat :big_smile:. But I should show some mercy...... maybe I can just gag and duct tape ya for a while, so you'll STOP this sabotage!!! :wink:

5. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI

muaaaahahahahahahhaaaaaaa
    Muahhahahahhahaaaaaa

MUAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAA

Attached Files:

6. pern13

pern13 New Member

State:
    Lexington Kentu