Kill Creek

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Rajun_Cajun, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    hey guys sorry i havent been on here in awhile, to busy with work and school. well my dad bought a new little bass buggy off of craigslist and the guy who sold us it told us there is a really fun lake to fish called kill creek. so we took his word and the other day decided to go out there and see what we could catch. it kind of looked like herritage almost so i didnt really think of it as anything. when we go on the lake i casted my light rod out with 6lb cajun on it with rapala shad rap. as i was reeling in to the boat all of a sudden i see the blur come up and just engulp the crank bait and just stripping line. little did we know it was a 22lb channel cat running off while pulling our small little bass buggy with it. after about 10 minutes of fighting and about 100 yards of line stripped away we finally got the fish in. what a fun day. i will put a picture of it on here soon!

2. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Wow, 22lb. channel is awesome, congrats. Looking forward to seeing some pictures.

3. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Cory, congratulations on a great catch, looking forward to seeing the pics. I know how that feels getting pulled around, got towed around Geary State Lake in my 14' flatbottom once, thought it was a big Flathead, turned out to be a big Carp:smile2:

4. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Cory congrats. Kill Creek has only been there for 4 or 5 yrs. I believe. A 22 lber in there would have surely been put in there by someone. Great catch nonetheless. I too would really like to see pics of this one.

5. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    First time there and you catch a 22 lb channel, not bad at all. Would love to see the pic when you get a chance to post it.

6. Charlie365

Charlie365 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Cory,

Congratulations on a great fish !!
    I'll bet it won't take long to find time to get back out there again !!!

Sounds like a great opportunity to update your Avatar picture with your new biggest catch !

Only problem is, you're making some of us jealous !

Charlie

7. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    What a monster!!! Great job.

8. Frank Perez

Frank Perez New Member

State:
    Kansas
    CONGRATS! Cory on your 22 lb Channel Cat! What time of day was it? What was the weather like? what part of Kill Creek where you in? Enquiring Minds need to know! :big_smile: Bring on them Pics!