Kids.... They will get better right?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by H2O Mellon, Dec 26, 2005.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    A post by someone else (taysvalleyguy) got me thinking of kids & Christmas & growing up. I have a 7 to be boy (1/15/05) & a set of 3 year old twins. I threanted to beat them till they cant stand up each & every night! :0a33: Man, in November when the twins turned 3 it was like a light switch went on, they were nuts. They have me pulling my hair out. I figured we could have a thread showing off our prides & joys. (I hadnt seen where one was done before, but if I am wrong, just delete this one)

Here are some pics of my kids being a little nicer than they are now. :rolleyes:

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Twins right after being born

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    couple more

1 @ Columbus, OH Zoo
    1 in our creek
    1 Christmas pic

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Here is an up to the second pic of the 3 year old twins: :evil-big:

Please pray for me, now that my wife is working 3rd shift, I get them all to myself from 5:15PM-2:30AM! :crying:

5. Cyclops01

Cyclops01 New Member

State:
    Eden, NC.
    Bryan,

In response to your question, "do they get better", I can tell you from experience that YES they do.

However, it usually happens after they are well into their twenties, have finally moved out on their own (for the sixth or seventh time) and you are able to move way out of town without leaving a forwarding address. :eek:

You have some good looking kids there.

Just remember, hair is a renewable resource... but only for so long!!!

Mike

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Good lookin Family there Bryan. Enjoy the ride. They will be borrowin the car keys before ya know it. LOL! My twins are 22 and Beatin them is a challenge now. LOL!

7. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Okay, Bryan...now this is weird. :eek:

I've already told you I have twin boys that are seven...and their birthday is 1/15/98!

We must be kindred spirits! :)

Yes, it does get better...Right now for me the main issue with my boys is that they NEVER SHUT UP! If one isn't talking, the other one is. Just have fun with them while you can...next comes teenage years and all that comes with that. :glare:

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

8. Ol Whiskers

Ol Whiskers New Member

State:
    Fairfield Township, Ohio
    Sounds like they're pretty normal to me, Bryan. Just wait until they get to be, let's say, 13 or so. That's about the age when the neural connection you have been so proud to see evolve between the brain and the mouth is replaced by a pipeline of hormones. You'll think threats of nightly beatings were just a disney attraction. As Cyclops01 said, they do come around, as mine are now 20 and soon to be 22 and are turning into fine adults, with almost fully re-established brain-mouth neural connections. Haven't left the house yet.

Attached Files:

• KJM.JPG
      KJM.JPG
      File size:
      17.7 KB
      Views:
    • CRM.JPG
      CRM.JPG
      File size:
      14 KB
      Views:
  9. Coloman

Coloman New Member

State:
    Soddy Daisy, Tn
    I have 1 boy and 2 girls. All I can tell you is that your fun has not started yet! The boy, I thought would never make it to 20 because I was going to take him out and try agine....LOL! The girls will change overnight. I seems like one day they are sweet little girls, and the next they are little monsters.

The girls return to normal sooner than the boys!

10. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Both my kids are grown but there for a while in life I thought they were going to give me a stroke! :cursing: Or I was going to use them for bait! LOL It will get better I promise. One note: my daughter was harder to raise than my son.
    Hang in there!
    Bill
    PS
    Good looking family

11. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Bryan,
    With all of the encouragement you just received, I think I'll just draw by on any further encouragement and say it is illegal to do away with them, LOL!!!

Great looking family Buddy, Good Luck!!!

12. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
  13. catfishkiller35

catfishkiller35 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Who you tryin to kid Josh lol lol lol :cool:

14. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
  15. nosnag

nosnag New Member

State:
    Florida
    Just do'nt talk at them,talk to them,and listen to what they have to say.That and a good teaching of values will put them on the right road.
    I have raised six,three girls and three boys They are all over 30 years old now and turned out ok.Like my Dad used to tell me,The older they get the smarter you look to them.They often tell me that tho we were raised in different generations I'm still Hip. :D
    Good luck with the young uns' and I'm sure you will treasure every year they are with you.
    Bill

16. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    All of my children are grown I have one boy 29 and twin girls 28. :D

17. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Bryan, Good looking family! Just remember you were there when they were created and came into this world. Some men won't even go into the delivery room. I commend you for that. Children are God's Angels sent to us to remind us of His presence and His love for us.

My Mom always told me that while they are small they step on your toes, when they are older they step on your heart. Well my son is 29 now and she is so right about that, but she didn't finish the saying with, but one day you reach that time in life when they will make you proud.

Just hang in there and years from now you will laugh at how you thought they were such mean little children and realize they were just mischievious as children will be to test us. Take the time to spend ALL the time you can with them now. It won't last long because you know time FLIES. I'll never forget when my son's hormones started kicking in and we would go to the mall. He wouldn't want anyone to know we were together. LOL. He was afraid they would think I was his girlfriend and if they found out I was his Mom, he would be in the hall of shame. LOL. Now he isn't ashamed to be seen with me, but HE doesn't have alot of TIME to spend with me. LOL.

Here's a recent pic of him and me after a concert we went to last July.

18. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Hmmm..... :glare:....cough, cough....yeah right.......LOL..... :0a10: :D

Of course ya'll know I'm already a good kid........ :rolleyes: :0a31: :0a1:

19. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

I must say it's probably easier to raise your own than to raise someone else's child. I have none of my own, but the girlfriend has a 12yo boy at home. He's slowly turning my hair grey. At least you can still spank them, well, threaten to!!!

Ray

20. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    What Raymond says is totally correct.