Kids reel

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by bluesbrother, Aug 14, 2006.

1. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    whats a good spincaster for a 7 yr old boy for catfishing . my son has a 202 he can cast it but its kinda week for catfish

2. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I had a 404 when I was younger. It served me very well. Maybe even a bigger stronger zebco would be worth looking at.

3. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    for basic catfishing i would recommend the rhino reel...small enough to handle but strong enough for eater cats

4. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    My oldest son fished for,fought and caught a 6 1/4 lb. saltwater Spot Tail Bass or Red fish right by his self when he was 6 years old.He was using a Zebco 808 or 888 as we had both.My younger son caught a 3 1/2 foot Black Tip Shark at the same age on the same kind of reel.Do not sell sell kids short.Just set the drag at what they can handle and tie off all rods with a piece of cord.Due to their attention span,they are going to lay it down regularly to do something.If you don;t want to lose it,TIE IT.This is also necessary for many adults if you wish to keep the rod and reel that they are using.Adults always blame the fish for their actions.peewee-williams

5. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    thanks .our walmart only has the rsc3:sad2: no rsc5

6. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    zebco 33 the one most of old timers started with:cool2:

7. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    i like the 808 i looked at seems heavy duty. my first reel my dad got me when i was a kid was a zebco 30/30.lol back then it was a good reel i noticed some of the zebs have plastic foots i dont trust that on a reel

8. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Saw a political ad where the guy was running for the US Senate. To show he was an all around guy, it showed him, his wife and kids out fishing. He was using a zebco 33. I bet that was probably the first time in their life the kids and possibly the wife, had been fishing. LOL Still not gonna vote for him due to the stand he takes on various issues.

9. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    i heard that. were they holding them upside down/?