Kids in College

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by fishnvince, Sep 9, 2008.

1. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
    I was courious who had kids in college and at what school and major?
    My oldest Graduated from the University of Newport News in Virginia with a degree in Physcology and is now teaching 2nd grade.
    My youngest goes to the University of Louisville in Kentucky. She majors in Sports Administration and is on the Cheerleadsing Squad

2. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    2 for 2 doing a great job....

3. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    i plan on going next year if i can get enough money together :roll_eyes: i've been looking into chowan university

4. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Glad they are going or have gone...mine are now wanting to get classes at the community college here to get basics out of the way cheaper than they would at U of A...don't know if they will ever get in some or not but I do hope that they do...I have one in school at 32, nontraditional student, in Little Rock, at UALR.

5. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Vince, that is GREAT! You should be very proud.
    Thanks for sharing.

One of our daughters got a degree in Business.

6. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I've got one still in. She is going to UCA at Conway and is studying interior design. She will graduate this coming year.
    She was able to attend such a good college thru schoolarships. She was awarded an Arkansas Higher Education Scholarship and a Dean's Scholarship. She recieved these scholarships thru hard work and percerverience. She graduated from her high school as valdictorian.

7. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    I can't say I got kids in college because I am a kid myself, just got my BA in marketing from Simpson College in Iowa (small private liberal arts college), took a couple of years off, and am now looking at going back to the University of Iowa school of Social Work to get my MSW...

8. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    My daughter just started at Virginia Western after several years of owning restaurants.