Kids fishing

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by gcarlin, May 28, 2007.

1. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    I WAS TOLD LAST WEEK BY MY PARENTS THAT THEY WERE REALLY PROUD THAT I GO OUT OF MY WAY TO TAKE MY KIDS AND MY NEPHEWS FISHING AND THAT WHEN THEY (THE KIDS)GROW UP THAT THEY WILL REMEMBER ME FOR ALWAYS TAKING THE TIME TO TAKE THEM FISHING. SO PLEASE TAKE A KID FISHING AND CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU IF YOU ALREADY DO!!! CHANGE A KID! TAKE THEM FISHING!!!

2. Jerry60k

Jerry60k Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    As you can see in my photbucket account I fish all the time with my kids.

I have a 5yr old who will even bait HER own hook and does realy well at it.

Kudos to anyone who fishes with the kids.

3. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    I couldn't agree with you more.

4. STUMPKNOCKER

STUMPKNOCKER New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Kids dont like fishing much........but they love catching.

5. daddio

daddio New Member

State:
    kansas
    this is my new fishin partner well one of these days grandson

Attached Files:

6. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    I got Three Fishing Partners :)

Attached Files:

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    It is great to take a kid fishing, I agree with ya. We got to pass it down.

8. LIL_ostrom

LIL_ostrom New Member

State:
    Jersey- Stationed in Kansas
    I thank my POP 4 teaching me everytime I go. Its kind of sad. I go fishing with alot of different people and I end up teaching them everything I know. This guy (kid) I went with the other day caught a little 2lb channel and was scared to death to touch it. He though that the wiskers of catfish will sting you. I just laughed at him and taught him the proper way to grab a cat so he didnt get finned. Its just funny to me. I dont know much but I know enough of what my POP taught me to go out there and be responcible and have a good time. Thankyou to all of you guys who take your kids fishing. Thats awesome !!!

9. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    I've got a 5 year old boy and a 7 year old daughter. They are both fishing fanatics. I ain't kidding a bit, they love to fish and they're both pretty darn good at it already. They both caught their both fish at 18 months old, both of them while sitting in a stroller. My little boy goes with me nearly everytime I go. I let him reel in most of the fish, so he likes to tell people "I caught 13 catfish the other day and daddy didn't catch a single thing!!" Everytime we're out, he'll be reeling in a fish and look at me and say "I'm GOOD at fishing dad, right?!?"

We made up a bunch of jugs and ran them last weekend. I think that's the kids new favorite way to fish. I kept telling them to leave the bait alone, get back because "somebody's gonna get a hook stuck in them!" You guessed it, a few minutes later I buried a 4/0 hook to the bone in my forearm. The kids laughed their heads off!!!:lol:

They're great kids and they both love to fish. They love to tell people how many fish they catch, everywhere we go. It's good stuff.

10. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    u said it true GC. they are our future fisherman and we need to teach them the importance now so they will take care of the outdoors just like we do

11. katfishbangin

katfishbangin New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have worked in juvenile prisons and now currently at a detention center. I always talk about fishing. The kids are so curious and want to no all about fishing. With playstations, I pods and all the drugs goin on, a big majority of our youth today dont no how to enjoy what god has given us. Good ole nature. My kid might drive me up a wall when we go fishing, but atleast he will have memories of fishing with dad. Then he will take his own kid fishing one day. That will be a sight seeing my kid teach my grand kid how to drag a kitty kat ashore.

12. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    THANKS FOR THE REPLYS. THEY ALL MEAN ALOT TO ME.I THINK THAT IF WE AS PARENTS TAKE OUR KIDS FISHING THAT OUR CHILDREN SEEM LESS LIKELY TO BE OUT IN THE WORLD DOING THIS THAT THEY SHOULDN'T BE.LOL

13. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Take a kid fishing...hmm... This is one of my favorite things to do!

I have two little fisherpeople in my house. They started fishing with me as soon as I felt they wouldn't jump or fall out of the boat.
    Now, they jockey for position much like a pole race in Nascar.
    I usually will take only one of them at a time and when they know I'm going they will bribe, argue and declare whose turn it is. This is a picture taken when they were in the heat of a debate over who was going to get to "drive" the boat that day.
    [​IMG]

I can't say that we always fish for catfish. We fish for what action we can get. At night, we usually haul a few kitties and a mess of crappie. When they are tired and I'm not they will spread the pfd's on the floor of the boat and take em a nap.
    During the day, in the summer, they might take a dip/swim to rejuvinate the desire to get a biggun'.
    This is my daughter, Kim, ready to haul her share in one evening.
    [​IMG]

As important as teaching them how to enjoy fishing, I teach them safety, consideration and the rules of the water.
    Here is my son declaring himself "The best fisherman on the lake"
    [​IMG]

Of course, learning to hold a catfish is one of the things that my daughter, who is fearless, learned first. My son was not going to be outdone though.
    [​IMG]
    A long rant. But, hey! It's my favorite subject!