kids fishing

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by MoMudCat, Oct 31, 2005.

1. MoMudCat

MoMudCat New Member

State:
    Troy,MO
    I took my two oldest boys (6 and 8) fishing with me this weekend. What a great time we had. We started by going to my Uncle's lake to catch some goldfish with the throw net. Then we went to the river and I set out a trot line. Spent the rest of the night tight lining off the back of my dad's houseboat. We ended up with 6 channel cats all over 3lbs and a flathead that went about 8lbs. Best of all, fried catfish for supper that we caught! :)

2. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Sounds like a good time was had and the time with the kids is well worth it.

3. capt.kirk

capt.kirk Guest

that is a great thing to do with your kids,teach them all you can about
    the out doors,spend all the quality time with them that you can for soon
    they will be grown and out of the house.if they learn about hunting and
    fishing,you have given them a diploma in survival.
    KIRK :D

4. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    sure sounds like you had a great time. remember taking my kids fishing when they were little. fist time my daughter saw me catch a cat she says daddy your gonna let em go aint you? lol what else could i do had them big browns pleading with me to let it go lol. she ended up being my fishing buddy for a long time now she lives 300 miles away and dont have time for fishing with her old dad. my son used to love to fish but since he is in the corp we dont get to very often. maybe when he gets out and comes home we can.enjoy the time taking them fishing it will give you a life time of great memories.

5. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I think it is great that you take your children fishing. They are the future. :D

6. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Nice Mocat! always take ur kid fishing!