kids fishing derby.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by 223reload, Jun 2, 2007.

1. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Well I took my 10 year old daughter to a kids fishing derby this morning, and she caught a 3.08 lb carp . She was all pumped for having the largest fish [at the time] weighed then she entered the casting contest ,where the kids tried to hit a bullseye painted on the pavement at about 20 ft away. she hit the center ring twice!! out of two chumks. I was impressed to say the least. well when the thing was all over she missed out on both the big fish and the dink , the big fish was a carp at 8.16 and the dink was .03oz her dink was .04 oz. but she won a brand new zebco slingshot rod and reel combo on the casting contest. I'm almost as proud as she is.

I wonder where she gets it from?

2. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Let your daughter know that were all proud of her and were proud of her Dad for taking her!!!:smile2:

3. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California
    That sounds great! Her casting accuracy is better than that of most folks I know, myself included.

-- Rich

4. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    Tell you daughter congrats and to keep on fishing.

5. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    she gets it from her dad:roll_eyes: tell her good job

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Sounds like the apple didn't fall far from the tree!:big_smile:Congrats to your daughter on the new rod n reel!:smile2:

7. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Great story thanks for sharing. My daughter also won our local bps casting for kids fishing tourney. she actually won it 5 years in a row so I know how proud you are. Here is a few pics of mine when she won. now shes 19 and looks at them and grins. You will remmeber those forever cause I know i will. congrats to your daughter and tell her good luck on defending her title! Thats what my daughter always told me when i would ask her if she was sure she wanted to go to the tourney. Dad I gotta defende my title.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    Hey, that girl's got game.....sounds like shes gonna be a hotshot pro some day....congrats to her and im proud of you for takin the time to teach her such a skill...you both did great, and im impressed.

9. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    i remember those little kids fishing derbys.... i always beat everyother kid lol!

10. purebonewv

purebonewv New Member

State:
    west virginia
    kids are the future of fishing keep on taking her i take my neice from time to time and i always take the teenager next door keeps him out of trouble which he needs to do tell your daughter way to go