Kids are the future

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by bigmike, Jul 16, 2006.

1. bigmike

bigmike New Member

State:
    Kankakee,Illinois
    I have read alot about people and fishing with their kids and I think that it is fantastic. They are the future and they should not only be taught the finer things in life like fishing. LOL. But should also have quality time with the ones they love. I give kudos to those who care enough to write about there expedition with there kids I find it very endearing. My son is only three so he doesn't have the art of fishing down yet, but he will. He goes on the boat with me whenever he gets the chance and has a spongebob fishing pole that he is learning to cast and retrieve and is getting better ever time. Oh yeah, don't forget your children choose your nursing home so treat them good. LOL

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    You are so right brother. I am gonna teach my daughter to the best of my ability how to be a young lady and to grow up and be a responsible adult.

3. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    .........unfortunately half of my generation is about half retarded.....sorry guys.....lol the responsible ones of us are pullin but..........yeah lol

4. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    Your right on with your post. Do not think that the little ones do not remember what we do and say to them. It wont be long before your little one will be ready to go out fishing. My grand son is 4 and has one of the little rods and reals, he uses it to fish and has cought fish on it. His first fish was a catfish this year and he can not get enough of fishing.

5. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    If you teach your kids to hunt and fish,they won't steal and deal.That is what I believe and I spend all the time I can with my grandkids.I told one of my grandchildren I was going jug fishing next weekend if he wanted to go and he said yes and they are starting to talk about deer season already and oh yes I am thrilled..

6. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    and it's up to us to teach them RESPECT or they will never have none

7. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    but not just on the water John...at home too