Kids and bluegills

Discussion in 'Bluegill Fishing' started by dreamer34, May 21, 2006.

1. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    for the first time i got to take my 4 year old son and my 6 year old daughter fishing yesterday....from the moment that their floats hit the water it was a frenzy of catching gills...they didn't need my help to hook em cause as soon as the bait hit water there was a fish on...what i will most remember is my children hollering ""daddy daddy...i got fish "" i'll tell ya i got tears in my eyes watching my kids catch fish after fish and having them get so excited ...if you have kids please don't miss this chance in your life to be totally happy...take them fishing and you won't regret one minute of it....i have been guility of not taking time out to do this before thinking that they were too young or that i needed time for myself but now i know that i need to make time for them too...and if you don't have kids take a neice or nephew or something like that it's up to us to make the next generation of fishermen

2. flannelman

flannelman New Member

i know wat u mean. im only 16 but ive helped out at a couple local tornements as a judge for little kids up to 12 and i enjoy seeing them catch fish and seein their faces. i like seein the hoppy, and in some cases the obsession, being passed down and living on

3. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Sounds like a good way to get em started. I remember getting started on fishing for blue gill and red ears. That constant action is what kept my attention.

4. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I feel that you are 100 % right! my dad used to take me fishing (i go by myself now) and when we hooked a fish, he barely had time to go fishin himself with all those gills on. i could really see that he was very happy for the first time i saw him. also i will take my future children fishing and watch the gleaming in their eyes with those fiesty gills. it sure will make me a proud future father! you should keep up the good work and take em catfishing! more excitment to them but a lot more patience is required

5. kittygitter

kittygitter New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    i can remember every time my dad and grandfather use too take me fishing and now i m hooked on it. Me and my buddies were fishing for some brim/ blue gills and there was a tennager riden his bik e around near us we where in Rocky Mount NC so yeah he was juast a watchen' us fish and i called him over to use reached in my truck and got one of my rods, i baited it and asked him if he wanted to fish he said no but you can teach me how to i said you have never been fishing he said nope so for the rest of the day i taught him how to cast set the hook and you should have seen his face when he cauth his first fish a big ol' brim man he was so happy. well when we got what we had came for I gave him that rod and alittle tackle and about every other weekend i see him out there justa' tearen' upi those fish. He is 15 and i m only 17 and i know and love the meaning take a kid fishing
    :amazed:

6. Brushy Bill Roberts

Brushy Bill Roberts New Member

State:
    Spencer Indiana
    Thats great kittygetter, that kid will remember that first time fishing and getting his first pole the rest of his life!
    That was a good deed indeed.

7. ltbball

ltbball New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    That's great. Taking kids fishing is a lot of fun.

8. Brutom

Brutom New Member

State:
    Cumberland Indiana
  9. heeler

heeler New Member

State:
    missouri
    kittygitter,that was real nice of you.who says the next generation ain't no good.what comes around goes around.

10. smith06

smith06 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I started out on gills. I aint no master angler by far but am definitely hooked. All b/c of them little fellers.

DONT MISS THE CHANCE TO TAKE A YOUNG'UN HUNTIN' OR FISHIN' YOU'LL LEARN AS MUCH AS THEY WILL.

11. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Your Right On!!!!! Building Memories with your kids is one of the greastest things you can do. Even building memories for kids that mat not be your own flesh and blood is great also. It is said that when children grow up most of the memories they talk about is those fishing trips as a kid. I still remember mine from "Adventures On Tator Creek".
    An wise bait shop owner used togive away fishing poles to the kids. Most were used but in good shape. He said they are the future of the sport.