Kicked Up Skipjack...

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by baptistfireman, Aug 7, 2007.

1. baptistfireman

baptistfireman New Member

State:
    louisiana
    I Was Thinking Of Taking And Cutting Up My Skipjack Into Chunks And Then Putting The Garlic Powder Over It In The Fridge Over Night........Anything Else That I Might Add To Kick Things Up?.........Here In Louisiana Where I Fish It Seems Like If Ya Dont Use Soft Shell Crab You Only Catch The 1 To 2 lbs Cats.......................I'm Up For All Suggustions .........

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Send all your skippies to me and I'll mull over the situation for a bit and get back to you.:smile2:

3. baptistfireman

State:
    louisiana
    Well Bud , Here You Try Anything , And I Am Up For Anything That May Even Sound Like It May Work Because Here No one Has Cought And Kind Of Catfish And That Is Not Right , That Water Here Sence The Storm Has Not Been Right And All Of The Spots That I Fish Should Have 10 to 15 pound Blue Cat But Have Not Seen Any....................So Thats Why i Was Asking For A Change......................

4. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Just funnin' around. I don't know any recipes to supercharge your bait. I'm sure people have tried all sorts of stuff.

I have heard of garlic though.

5. baptistfireman

State:
    louisiana
    O , I Here Ya , Me To Just looking For Other Ways To Catch...........

6. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    i would try garlic, anise, and vanillia thats what i learned on here

7. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    Menhaden oil squirted in the gut makes a nice scent trail...

8. baptistfireman

State:
    louisiana
    Well I Will Just Haft To Try Because Tonight Is The Night , I'm Going..........And i Got Permission From The Boss To . lol........

9. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    You could always try using shrimp flavoring from Ramen Noodles instead of the garlic, too.

10. baptistfireman

State:
    louisiana
    well guys just got home and all i caught was two galf top {as we Call Them} Cats And They Was Not Even Worth Talking About And I Used Skipjack With The Garlic Powder On It..................Galf Top Is A Type Of Catfish But Has Extra Tuff Skin And RED meat But Some People Say They Are Good Eating But Me I'm A Blue Cat Type Of Person And Dont Keep Them........I Would like To Thank Everyone That Gave Pointers And I Am Not Going To Give Up As They Say A BAD Day Of Fishing Sure Beats A Good Day Of Work........................

11. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I've eaten gafftops; I rate them in the same category as mullet and black drum. Not the best, but definitely edible if you don't have any better tasting fish.