Kiamichi around Antlers

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by mudcreeker, Oct 1, 2009.

1. mudcreeker

mudcreeker New Member

State:
    Antlers, OK
    Anyone ever do any fishing down on the Kiamichi? I have just moved down to Antlers and living right on the Kiamichi. Hadn't got the boat out on it to see how deep it is or anything, but looks to have a few good holes in it.

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    I fished it around Clayton years ago and we caught a lot of good flatheads. We used a 14' jon boat with a 5hp motor. The bait we used the most was sun perch and black perch.

3. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    MUDCREEKER - Where do you work in Antlers? I have a few fishing buddies there. As a matter of fact I am headed there in the morning.

4. mudcreeker

mudcreeker New Member

State:
    Antlers, OK
    I work for a family in Antlers. You ever do any deer huntin around there catman george?

5. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    MUDCREEKER - Yes, I do. What family do you work for? The Tucker's or Brahm's?

6. mudcreeker

mudcreeker New Member

State:
    Antlers, OK
  7. 5511

5511 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Kiamichi can be pretty good. Flatheads and channels mainly, blues run up out of Hugo sometimes. I believe there is a little ramp just North of Antlers on 271 and Rattan Landing East of Antlers on 3. I'll be there hunting this weekend and if the river's not rolling, maybe wet a hook too.

8. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    If I remember correctly, the Maples had the GM dealership when I was running around that area. Still have a few ex-relatives down there.

9. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    MY GOODNESS!!! AWSHUCKS IS still breathing!!!! iLL GIVE YOU A JINGLE